Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Yeah. No. Unless I see a BOP with Grapplers with a Giant Sword of Kahless, this aint happening.

Also I hope some Outlaw Star fans got that.
this I approve of but the fed equivalent should be a riding crop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I wasn't debating the spinal lance's effectiveness, just commented on its similarities with beam overload. I assumed it helped in combat, but if it really is that useless then maybe one day it'll be buffed. Sorry for the misunderstandings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
I wasn't debating the spinal lance's effectiveness, just commented on its similarities with beam overload. I assumed it helped in combat, but if it really is that useless then maybe one day it'll be buffed. Sorry for the misunderstandings.
Take a look at these, they are not long so it won't take much of your time.

STO Galaxy X

All Good Things Galaxy X
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Was this whole argument from you about the Spinal Lance not being like Beam Overload because you were comparing the TV show weapon against STO's weapon? I was comparing STO's weapon implementation to Beam Overload. I thought you saying that the STO Spinal Lance does not have similarities to STO's Beam Overload power, sorry for that misunderstanding.

If you want to debate how accurate its representation is in STO, perhaps you should make another thread about the various canon complaints of yours. I'd be willing to completely counter your incorrect argument there against "craptic" in that thread; I'd rather not pollute this one anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
The Borg set is understandably universal...but could the next series be faction specific? Not just in specs, but also in apperance/signatures.

It would be nice to see sets for a faction be designed to specifically address specfics of that faction in terms of utility and aesthetics. I'd like to see each faction's tech sets either look to improve on that faction's inherit strengths or look to bolster their weaknesses. I'd even like to see some sub-set attributes that provide some ship class specific bonuses. So the same tech on a Cruiser produces a different additional bonus compared to it being fitted on an Escort.

I'd like to see these sets draw from faction aesthetics, so the tech sets look specifically drawn from a lineage of that faction's tech.

For instances, the Aegis set feels to more Fed oriented in my opinion, a bit Fed meets TRON, but whatever. But the Aegis just doesnt come off as "Klingonish" in my opinion...yeah the TRON stripes use Klingon color cues, but thats about it.

I know its easier to just make one size fits all stuff...but Im in the "immersion camp" of the player base, I desire uniqueness whenever possible and applicable/appropriate.


EDITED for typos...I had to eat something so I could think clearly!
Yes!

I think a set for each race ( spread it out overtime as the races are more developed factionwise) would be great!
One for the KDF and one for the feds that reflect their individual cultural design philosphies. Then later they can do GORn, Orion, nausican, Andorian, Vulcan, etc and release them as the year goes by.


Quote:
Quote:
Fact is the only way to prove to anyone that Klingon ships are awesomer than Feds is to have them fly them as the Klingon players aren't telling and get very abusive about that insinuation. They feel it's all about their experience as players that make them so good.
Quote:
cryptic took answer B and applied it to every Fed ship and technology....all in an effort to make PvP balanced
.
Tin foil hats not working?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
Good point.

Your suggestion is also reasonable. I would just add, the Klingons can just learn to deal with
it, that ship turns with the same degree of movement as Earths tectonic plates. The rare time a Klingon would be within its firing radius, hope he has some hull heals on standby!
Wait, you're saying Klingons should have to deal with a ship you admit would be inherently OP, but you can't deal with the fact that Klingon players have more skill in PvP, which is why they win more often, and have a K/D ration vs. Fed as high as they do?

That, my friend, is called hypocrisy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
...

In an effort to not pollute the OPs thread, we can either discuss the merits of our "arguments" in through
more private means or in another thread entirely or choose not to discuss it at all, your choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
In an effort to not pollute the OPs thread, we can either discuss the merits of our "arguments" in through
more private means or in another thread entirely or choose not to discuss it at all, your choice.
You opened the door with your first argument, that you somehow think Klingon dominance in high-level PvP is a sign that the game is heavily imbalanced on their side and that they shouldn't get cool shinies. That isn't the case at all, since they're totally unrelated.

I like the idea of faction specific equipment sets that augment the canon strengths and weaknesses of the respective factions. It'd be another step towards adding some actual canon to the game.

However, your argument against such is deeply flawed at every level, with the possible exception of the "uselessness" of the phaser lance (I don't have a Galaxy-X, and won't be getting one, since I won't buy ships off the C-store until I get my monthly stipend of C-store points when STO goes F2P, and Cryptic said that after I brought ten friends to STO, I needed to bring in five more to get one for free).

Klingon PvP skill, combined with technologically balanced teams, is why Klingons do so much better in high-end PvP. You know this, which is why you call on nerfs to Klingons, because you have this notion that player skill is supposed to be balanced for. It isn't. Therefore, as I intimated in my previous post, you should take the advice you keep doling out to Klingon players and get used to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Yes!

I think a set for each race ( spread it out overtime as the races are more developed factionwise) would be great!
One for the KDF and one for the feds that reflect their individual cultural design philosphies. Then later they can do GORn, Orion, nausican, Andorian, Vulcan, etc and release them as the year goes by.


Tin foil hats not working?
So the Unknown Alien Race would allow us to customize a set using various options?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
So the Unknown Alien Race would allow us to customize a set using various options?
Nope, no set for the aliens. Racism is still in full swing in the 25th century!

I don't know if they have to be race-locked, but maybe just race-styled (and possibly faction locked).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 AM.