Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Sorry they have to make one for each race or none at all.

That would make the Unknown Alien's the best to play IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I think making racial tech is going too far, and ignores the greater liklihood that all "advances" in tech would be consolidated into single faction universal projects. The assumption is that any faction tech by default already encompasses the contibutions of its diverse State.

I feel making racial specific tech additions begins to encourage additional "customization" for the sake of customization. It begins to create complexities and spin-offs that aren't needed and likly would be segregated as such under the military interests the single governing body.

It would seem that the sound thing do for a faction, would to cherry pick the best from all its best minds, and consildate them into a single tech that best suites the KDF, its interests and its military philosophy. in my opinion, anything else woul dbe inefficient and increasingly convoluted.

Not to mention, we don't need another custom alien option to further draw the attention and thunder away from the core of the KDF...the Klingons themselves and their way of operating (yes, I am a Klingon elitist ...the rest of you knobby headed, multi-colored and bubble eyed Ha'DIbaH ought to be serving me blood wine, not corrupting our Great Empire).
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I am an Unknown Alien KLINGON Faction Member.

I would be Happy with Factions specific sets.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-13-2011, 01:40 PM
/signed

I need a reason to play my klingon
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, perhaps it's a bit far to have racial sets (tonnes of named aliens). Perhaps at most have it racially themed (like the Borg set) if it makes sense (so maybe Klingon/Orion/Ferengi/Romulan), but not locked to the specific races.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
It would be nice to see sets for a faction be designed to specifically address specfics of that faction in terms of utility and aesthetics. I'd like to see each faction's tech sets either look to improve on that faction's inherit strengths or look to bolster their weaknesses. I'dFor instances, the Aegis set feels to more Fed oriented in my opinion, a bit Fed meets TRON, but whatever. But the Aegis just doesnt come off as "Klingonish" in my opinion...yeah the TRON stripes use Klingon color cues, but thats about it.

EDITED for typos...I had to eat something so I could think clearly!
Your post was not editted for typos. The word "inherent" and "instance" are misspelled . Having said that, although your suggestion is well thought out and appreciated, it is not necessary. In order for this detailed lengthy suggestion to hold value one must know if the capability and resources of those who are implementing the suggestion. Since you are not a member of the Cryptic team nor have established credibility of one who is familiar with implementation of these suggestions through training or job experience it would behoove you to refrain from creating a thread like this in the future lest the Crptic team would be distracted from following their strategic business plan.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Troll harder, umd420legend.

(if you're going to copy/paste your troll-post, especially if you correct others' spelling, at least make sure you don't have a typo in it yourself)
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
So the Unknown Alien Race would allow us to customize a set using various options?
If the Devs cool allow for customized "set" options for designed created by player created races that would rock. Though they may not be a nice as the sets by already established races (kdf, Vulcan, Orions.etc)
Since Cryptic is known for customization this seems like a good idea to me.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-14-2011, 08:08 AM
The post I made was not a cut and paste. I'm not familiar with your colloquial term trolling. This is not a real word in the English dictionary. Having said that, it would be in your best interest to use real English words lest you want the community to think you are unintelligent. I did not make any claim that my responses are free of typing errors. Done.