Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
definitely want this, though i think they should use blackavaar's (sp) recommended ones.
Absolutely. The worst thing they could do is single out the red/gold/blue shades that are wildly non-canon.
I'd like to vote +1 for the OP's request, assuming we go with Blackavaar's research.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-26-2011, 07:54 AM
+1

Perhaps initially we could get something that the OP is suggesting, and then focus on Blackavaar's suggestions for uniform improvements.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-26-2011, 04:12 PM
+1

good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm looking at a complete overhaul for colors and selection of them right now, and I think "good things" are coming. It might take a while, but I want to make sure if we do a big change, we do it right, so I'm trying to get the appropriate time/resources to try out a few ideas internally first. I know it's an issue, and it's near the top of my list of concerns!

Not a lot of info there, but hopefully it can give you some hope!

Cheers,

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm really glad to hear that colors will be getting a look at. Frankly I like many of the shades that are there, but some of them do not pop quite as well as they seem to on screen.

Is there any chance we could get material looked at as well? Some of the outfits have fantastic texture/material while others look rather flat and drab. I'd love to see material as sub selection for all outfit pieces. Right now, it is very hard to match the 7 of 9 parts with anything else for example. The B04 top does not match any skirts. That sort of thing.

Looking forward to more uniform options. Thanks for the hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I'm looking at a complete overhaul for colors and selection of them right now, and I think "good things" are coming. It might take a while, but I want to make sure if we do a big change, we do it right, so I'm trying to get the appropriate time/resources to try out a few ideas internally first. I know it's an issue, and it's near the top of my list of concerns!

Cheers,

Matt

Does this include the way the colors look on materials? Especially some of the canon uniforms like the TNG and DS9 ones?

Compare TNG with the new AGT uniforms... even though they are likely made of the same material, the new ones have much richer colors, especially the black. The TNG uniforms look as if they have been washed too many times.

I beg you, bring back black
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
As long as we have a way to duplicate the canon looks of your C-Store screenies (without a bunch of guess work or thread-look-ups) I'll be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I always go for the faded color variant on the right side, they look more 'natural' to me. The other ones are too cartoony for my uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
Are the connected areas of color being separated out more? That would be my request.

As an example, on Starfleet uniform B3, what if I would like the stripes down the arms to be a different color than the shoulders?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
This would be a very good idea for colorblind people, like myself. I need to ask my girlfriend each time I'm changing colors, to find out if I hit the right shade.