Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
lolololol

It can be understood why TNG movie uniform for example is of lesser quality to a paid item from c-store, but terribly annoying. I find that the shoulder and undersleave colors go 'outside' the lines when you zoom in for example. Bleeding into other parts of the uniform ever so slightly.

Frankly, I don't think that's a good reason for "lesser quality"!

In fact, this very moment we are doing some texture fixups on the TNG film uniform (and probably the DS9/VOY ones soon). The color bleeding wasn't what bothered me most, it was the burlap texture to the whole thing. The new one is already looking much cleaner (compared side to side it's a pretty big difference!), and when we patch it, should auto-magically spiff up all your current TNG film uniform wearing characters.

Cheers,

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post

In fact, this very moment we are doing some texture fixups on the TNG film uniform (and probably the DS9/VOY ones soon). The color bleeding wasn't what bothered me most, it was the burlap texture to the whole thing. The new one is already looking much cleaner (compared side to side it's a pretty big difference!), and when we patch it, should auto-magically spiff up all your current TNG film uniform wearing characters.

Cheers,

Matt

I need to hug you now. Just know its in a completely platonic, brotherly, way.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
Awesome news!
Pix please!!!

PS.

Any chance of TNG/DS9/VOY admirals uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
Awesome, the TNG film uniform is the only one i use primarily, so this is very good news for me. Thanks for giving them an update.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
Can we get Klingon baldrics and shoulder pads fixed sometime too?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
...The new one is already looking much cleaner (compared side to side it's a pretty big difference!)...

Cheers,

Matt

1 word: SCREENSHOT !!!!

pretty plz ?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
The new one is already looking much cleaner (compared side to side it's a pretty big difference!), and when we patch it, should auto-magically spiff up all your current TNG film uniform wearing characters.
Well, that's my fleet's uniform, so long as it doesn't end up like the rubber looking A# B# ones a more natural cloth texture will be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
Keep us posted! I hope this means some of the other uniforms are getting improved (TNG series and TWOK pants need to be capable of an actual Black, still. DS9 is just TNG film without the ribbing on the shoulders, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Matt
While we are on the subject...are there any plans to "remake" or otherwise "remaster" other existing uniforms to weed out the bugs? I can think of numerous "clipping" issues with a number of popular costume pieces (the 200 day veteran jacket, the TOS non-split skirt, and the B-01 jacket) that need to be addressed.

Especially since there is an "open" variant of the B-01 in the works, it might be a great time to fix it up...just saying...
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I love the B-01... It's the most 'Trek' around, I and my officers wear it.
I also love the A-05... my security personnel wear it.

Those are honestly the best in my opinion.