Lt. Commander
# 1 Idea for Klingon Tutorial
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
At the moment Klingons start at Lt6 which is perfectly good and ok as they are unlocked at around that level however there is no context when you first make your character. You select your options then..TADA you're on Qo'nos and a Lieutenant already. You speak to a couple of people fight a Gorn and then its of into space.

While my idea is not a tutorial in the sense that it teaches you how to play the game it does instead introduce you to the klingon empire and gives your character your grounding so here it goes:

After doing all of the character creation etc you find you your lowly warrior down on a planet in a pitched battle against the federation. There is phaser and disruptor fire everywhere and you can see the planet being shot at by Starships above (this effect is used in one of the undine missions so shoulder be hard to replicate) You start of with a simple batleth and you must fight your way past a group of Federation officers in order to regroup at your base camp which you are defending. On returning to your camp you discover that your Captain above has ordered all his soldiers to retreat.

This is when you prove yourself as a Klingon Commander: You rally your troops (the more succesful you are at this the more warriors stay with you) and you fight off the last attack by the federation. After defeating them utterly you go to a transporter pad and beam straight up to your ships bridge...

Here you confront your Captain and call him the coward he is: you must then use only your bat'leth too kill him and take his place. After killing the captain you are told that the federation cowards are retreating back to their minefield at the edge of the system and this is when the cloaking system is introduced:

You must sneak past wings of federation attack fighters (under cloak ofc) and take out the Federation minefield from behind. With the minefield destroyed the Federation calls an all out retreat back to the Donatu system (just threw a random one in i could remember) While your Klingon brethren chase down the Feds you must return to Qo'nos as your ship is badly damaged. When you arrive (bypassing sector space like in the fed tutorial) You speak to J'mpok and tell him what has happened. It is at this point that you formally obtain command of your vessel and you are now a Lt 6

So.. what do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Not a bad idea.. as long as we still get all the current "tutorial" that guides us through Qo'Nos, because that is a confusing place at first.

Maybe some differences in the storyline, since I'm not sure that the Feds would bombard a planet, but it's still a pretty good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I like that, a good fit for a klingon, but somewhat lacking for the other kdf races.
But its way better then what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
I like that, a good fit for a klingon, but somewhat lacking for the other kdf races.
But its way better then what we have now.
It probably wouldnt make as much sense for like a joined trill but tbh atm we dont get any reall justification for us being captains and no back story
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I likey. Something like this should have been made long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I am for it. Though I think it would be even more awesome if they added that Just for true members of the Imperial Race and then a separate one for the other aliens. Since the Empire did pretty much conquer these other races, it should be far less noble.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
I am for it. Though I think it would be even more awesome if they added that Just for true members of the Imperial Race and then a separate one for the other aliens. Since the Empire did pretty much conquer these other races, it should be far less noble.
I suppose it could be adapted so that they earn the right to command a starship after saving a klingon outpost or something like that
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
As so many of us have said before yes the KDF should have a tutorial of their own .
But sadly i dont think this will happend in the next year because as we all know the KDF "faction" is only a minigame in STO. And anyone who says something else well just remember that the KDF only have 8 missions made for the KDF. And those were made after the game came out, and the only reason they were made is because players who wanted to play the KDF was on the forum asking for missions. And i dont think the KDF will ever get a tutorial because not enough players have been here on the forum asink for it.So the devs gets away with it....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Well for explaining how to move around Qo'nos that's a moot point. Since it's going splat anyways soon enough :p

While I agree giving the KDF isn't a bad idea, the reason being it doesn't is by Lt 6 on fed side you should have a grasp of how to play the game. I just don't see that requirement changing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
While I agree giving the KDF isn't a bad idea, the reason being it doesn't is by Lt 6 on fed side you should have a grasp of how to play the game. I just don't see that requirement changing.
And like i SAID it isnt to introduce you to gameplay mechanics so it isnt a tutorial in that sense but it introduces you to your own character, fleshes out some back story and gives you a reason to be in command of a starship as opposed to just appearing into existence.