Lt. Commander
# 501
01-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Say yes to XP boost items
Lt. Commander
# 502
01-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Its toooooo laaaaaate. They are now avilable in Campions Online F2P - and I have used them - and don't feel dirty :p
Lt. Commander
# 503
01-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Its toooooo laaaaaate. They are now avilable in Campions Online F2P - and I have used them - and don't feel dirty :p
Which is explicitly no longer a subscription-model game, and subscribers get a budget for such things.

No such benefit in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 504 Such a bad idea
01-29-2011, 12:43 PM
C-store xp boosts are such a bad idea. It doesnt take long to lvl in this game anyway and then once you hit the max lvl it is easy to get bored. Why rush so fast to end bypassing experience and etc that will make you a better player. Please do not put xp boosts in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 505
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
C-store xp boosts are such a bad idea. It doesnt take long to lvl in this game anyway and then once you hit the max lvl it is easy to get bored. Why rush so fast to end bypassing experience and etc that will make you a better player. Please do not put xp boosts in the c-store.
Too late happening as is.

And Felderburg I get too where yer coming from. I guess i'm more numb to a MMO company changing their minds since I've been dealing with them for years (way too long that i dont wanna even admit due to it'd show i have no life hehe).

I guess in the end, I'm not going to try to convince you to like them and obviously you cant convince me to not like them, but in the end i do think that your fears are unfounded with the boost items but I could also be wrong guess we'll wait and find out
Lt. Commander
# 506
01-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Too late happening as is.

And Felderburg I get too where yer coming from. I guess i'm more numb to a MMO company changing their minds since I've been dealing with them for years (way too long that i dont wanna even admit due to it'd show i have no life hehe).

I guess in the end, I'm not going to try to convince you to like them and obviously you cant convince me to not like them, but in the end i do think that your fears are unfounded with the boost items but I could also be wrong guess we'll wait and find out
I have been dealing with these companies since around '95 and I refuse to get used to being lied to and screwed over. Nobody should ever permit this to happen to them and should go down screaming and fighting without fail every time.
Lt. Commander
# 507
01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
In my opinion of little or no value, I think XP Boosts should be locked until you reach max level with one of your Characters. This game is really easy to level up in, I can't believe my main is at Vice Admiral (reached this last night ) . The XP Boosts would be nice for those of us who want to get a decent KDF character up and running, or to get FED alts up to a reasonable level, and Tier2 or 3 ships more quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 508
01-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Question: will XP Boosts be tradable, or bound?
Lt. Commander
# 509
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I have to give my own two cents worth in. I have absolutely nothing against putting in XP-boosting items up on the C-Store (or any boosting item, for that matter). My main concern is that it might herald the start of the game going F2P (another concept that I have little problem with, but some apparently do).

I had to stop after reading the first 20 pages as it started to turn into a back-and-forth endless loop argument (something not uncommon in these forums...but I fear that fifty pages of this stuff would blow my mind). While I have large problems with the marketing tactics of the past, this is not really one of them. It doesn't affect me personally. Hell, it might make me want to level my Klingon again with farming for these "pots". I will never touch them on the C-Store, as I have never touched them in DDO, LOTRO, etc. And I never felt cheated that others might have the upper-hand, because I play to enjoy the content, not race to the finish line as quickly as I can.

I find myself siding with others who I have argued with on MT topics before. It won't affect my gameplay...it won't affect yours. If anything, it might make the grind (especially KDF-side) much more bearable.

And I noticed that Dan mentioned that they might implement rested XP. I love rested XP. It helps give you a boost when not logged in and you want to get that extra level-and-a-half (or whatever the game gives you as a cap) when you don't have the time to play.
Lt. Commander
# 510
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
And I noticed that Dan mentioned that they might implement rested XP. I love rested XP. It helps give you a boost when not logged in and you want to get that extra level-and-a-half (or whatever the game gives you as a cap) when you don't have the time to play.
Just please make it optional.

-Forjo