Lt. Commander
# 511
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
Just please make it optional.

-Forjo
Agreed,

Some of my other characters are intended to stay in the level I get them to, and would like to keep them there for as long as possible.

I still think some of the best game play is below max level!
Lt. Commander
# 512
02-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Agreed,

Some of my other characters are intended to stay in the level I get them to, and would like to keep them there for as long as possible.

I still think some of the best game play is below max level!
My problem is that I have to skip PvP, exploration, sector defenses, and other repeatable content in an attempt to keep from outlevelling normal content. And despite these efforts, the alt I'm currently working is Lt Cmdr 9 doing Lt Cmdr 7 missions. He'll be 10 within two turn-ins and I have just started the Romulan content (to say nothing of the weekly episodes that are about to hit and grant me even more XP.

Of course, if ALL missions scaled with level, I wouldn't care how much XP I got. I could play everything, on-level, and enjoy the stories AND the challenge. I'm not sure how you'd handle item rewards, but, then, I'm not the developer.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 513
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
My problem is that I have to skip PvP, exploration, sector defenses, and other repeatable content in an attempt to keep from outlevelling normal content. And despite these efforts, the alt I'm currently working is Lt Cmdr 9 doing Lt Cmdr 7 missions. He'll be 10 within two turn-ins and I have just started the Romulan content (to say nothing of the weekly episodes that are about to hit and grant me even more XP.

Of course, if ALL missions scaled with level, I wouldn't care how much XP I got. I could play everything, on-level, and enjoy the stories AND the challenge. I'm not sure how you'd handle item rewards, but, then, I'm not the developer.

-Forjo
When they eventually get around to 'remastering' all the missions, they'll scale at least on replay... It would be nice if they scaled the first time around, and were set up in arcs instead of a rigid K->R->C progression, too, but I've not heard anything about that.
Lt. Commander
# 514
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm all for it and will be buying a nice 8 hour xp boost as soon as I log in. Anything which helps me level alts is a good thing to my mind. What the game lacks of in end game content, I can make up for in the short term with dailies and STF's for all of my Characters and to me PVP is the end game (although that's a different argument given it's current state etc) and being able to learn a new playing style and experiment with new ships and powers/skills is what I want to do instead of repeating missions I've already done....
Lt. Commander
# 515 Do Not Bother
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
The C-Store was promised initially to be Cosmetic only. Well now there are ships and even XP boost items! Many people warned of the potentially slippery slope of MT's and now here we are, only a year after launch. Many active forum members that complained this would happen were laughed off and made out to be fools....funny isn't it?

The C-Store continues to grow in prominence in STO. I finished the content in STO months ago and have came back for every new piece of content with an open mind. Every time I return to my LT Sub I am disgusted by the ever increasing role of the C-Store in STO. Frankly, I am tempted never to return.

The C-Store violates the spirit of the ST IP. The C-Store ignores any semblance of Canon (Captains do not get to customize their uniforms or their ships in the military.) Cryptic simply cannot make a game that does not make them extra $$$ through the MT Model. Though I loathe the F2P MMO model, I think it is time to be honest and admit that this is a F2P game model with a Sub Fee added.

Though it pains me to say this, please make STO F2P and drop the pretense. Give us LT Subbers a significant monthly stipend of C-Bucks and allow people to LT Sub and get the same stipend in the future. I no longer care if it is Cryptic, Atari, or the Stockholders grabbing for my wallet. I paid for a LT Sub to pay once...not to have Optional Content dangled in front of me like I am Walrus and you have my Buckit, shame on you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 516
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
The C-Store was promised initially to be Cosmetic only. Well now there are ships and even XP boost items! Many people warned of the potentially slippery slope of MT's and now here we are, only a year after launch. Many active forum members that complained this would happen were laughed off and made out to be fools....funny isn't it?

The C-Store continues to grow in prominence in STO. I finished the content in STO months ago and have came back for every new piece of content with an open mind. Every time I return to my LT Sub I am disgusted by the ever increasing role of the C-Store in STO. Frankly, I am tempted never to return.

The C-Store violates the spirit of the ST IP. The C-Store ignores any semblance of Canon (Captains do not get to customize their uniforms or their ships in the military.) Cryptic simply cannot make a game that does not make them extra $$$ through the MT Model. Though I loathe the F2P MMO model, I think it is time to be honest and admit that this is a F2P game model with a Sub Fee added.

Though it pains me to say this, please make STO F2P and drop the pretense. Give us LT Subbers a significant monthly stipend of C-Bucks and allow people to LT Sub and get the same stipend in the future. I no longer care if it is Cryptic, Atari, or the Stockholders grabbing for my wallet. I paid for a LT Sub to pay once...not to have Optional Content dangled in front of me like I am Walrus and you have my Buckit, shame on you Cryptic.
I remember way back when when Cryptic said the C-Store will be cosmetic only and items in the C-Store you can get in-game with in-game currency. That Feds won't get cloak. Cryptic has a hard time following through with what they say.

I agree with you. Just make STO F2P and give the life timers and people who pay a monthly fee a stipend of CP and be done with it. We all know its going to happen. Question is just when.
Lt. Commander
# 517
02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDog
I remember way back when when Cryptic said the C-Store will be cosmetic only and items in the C-Store you can get in-game with in-game currency. That Feds won't get cloak. Cryptic has a hard time following through with what they say.

I agree with you. Just make STO F2P and give the life timers and people who pay a monthly fee a stipend of CP and be done with it. We all know its going to happen. Question is just when.
It's always funny, cryptic does something players ADAMANTLY want and they get screamed at

The cloak came due to an outpouring of requests for a fed cloak. They don't even have a battle cloak for cryin outloud.

Yet you can get the cloakable ships in game, you can get the xp boosts in game (and heck you can get almost everything from the c-store in game especially right now since the fountain is handing out c-store stuff as well)

Again, as I stated before, Business tactics change. What's said a year ago doesn't mean it'll stay the same today. You may not like it, but that's how life is.
Lt. Commander
# 518
02-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Yet you can get the cloakable ships in game, you can get the xp boosts in game (and heck you can get almost everything from the c-store in game especially right now since the fountain is handing out c-store stuff as well).
The only things that are up on the C-Store that can be obtained in-game are (most) of the end-game ships, respecs, and soon-to-be-released XP boosts (assuming they follow through with this plan). Everything else has to be bought with real-world cash. That is, unless something drastically changed over the last month or so that I took off from reading the forums.

I have stated repeatedly in the past that such a bloated MT store in a sub-based game is unacceptable, particularly when 90% or so of the items can't be obtained in-game. This is a slippery slope, as others have pointed out. Either make the game F2P soon or rethink your business strategy. Whether people want to believe it or not, the C-Store is one of the the most high profile parts of the game...and most of it being negative.
Lt. Commander
# 519
02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
...That is, unless something drastically changed over the last month or so that I took off from reading the forums...
>>> Breaking News <<<

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...09#post3327609

>>> Breaking News <<<

Just an FYI, think of it what you will.
Lt. Commander
# 520
02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't like the idea of XP Boosts in the C-Store...

but then... why do i even care?
i will not buy them and the only one that get's hurt by it is Cryptic for beeing percieved as a greedy company with a Free 2 Play type store in a Pay 2 Play game.

Because they don't see the people that look at the Homepage every day, who get their Browsers basically redirected to the C-Store directly from the News page to end up in a Free 2 Play like DLC shop where you can buy all the nice Ships and Uniforms for excessive pricetags and now even XP boosts... and at that time it doesn't matter if the common Forum User knows that you can get that all in the game for ...grinding like a crazy person, for the play who just checks out that new game he found it is the first impression that counts and everybody who see's this C-Store in it's current state will switch to Red Alert and hit Evasive Maneuvers III to get the hell out of here!

And mmh... if it is legal to buy XP in the C-Store then it is ok to buy Energy Credits in Ebay?
the diffrence of right and wrong begins to blur.

Do i care?... no... not anymore... just stating my opinion that i find it a bad idea... and overall a very bad trend.