Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I agree. Let's give SB39 an update: Admiral's office, tailor, first aid, engineer, etc. etc.

And while you're at it, can yo please get rid of those annoying/unessesary U-curves in the hallways that exist at most of the Starbases?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Don't forget the Barn Doors too...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2011, 09:06 AM
sounds like the star base 39 is getting somekind of overhaul or remodel.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2011, 09:45 AM
SB39 is a stone's throw from ESD. It doesn't need everything. If it had similar functionality to Drozana, then I'd be satisfied.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2011, 03:43 PM
"No promises. On your way."

I have some specific hook-ups that it needs for a mission update. I do not have the capacity to completely redo the layout and the environmental art.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
SB39 is a stone's throw from ESD. It doesn't need everything.
While you're correct that it's quite close to Sol, I'd argue that as one of the game's mission/social hubs, it deserves to be on par with its K7 and DS9 counterparts.

Maybe somewhere down the road Q can move the Sierra system closer to the Iota Pavonis sector block. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I believe at the very least the starbase is getting some new vendors or at least a way to select which ship you are flying.
Dan, I beleive you are hinting at shuttle missions.

We have to use a shuttle to sneak into the Vault maybe?

Basically, we get the Flyer Class shuttles just before the series comes out, as well as shuttles that become available with in game currency. The recent vet reward of the shuttle pet included a Klingon shuttle, which I predict will become available as a playable ship. I've also heard rumors of everybody getting a class 3 shuttle (in starfleet)

All these new shuttles, and then right after the coolest of them all comes out, an emphasis on a way to change ships at the launching point of the new series?

Someone tell me I'm wrong, I dare you!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
Dan, I beleive you are hinting at shuttle missions.

We have to use a shuttle to sneak into the Vault maybe?

Basically, we get the Flyer Class shuttles just before the series comes out, as well as shuttles that become available with in game currency. The recent vet reward of the shuttle pet included a Klingon shuttle, which I predict will become available as a playable ship. I've also heard rumors of everybody getting a class 3 shuttle (in starfleet)

All these new shuttles, and then right after the coolest of them all comes out, an emphasis on a way to change ships at the launching point of the new series?!
That would be brilliant.

Where abouts did you hear the rumours of everyone getting a class 3 shuttle? any chance of a link?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
The recent vet reward of the shuttle pet included a Klingon shuttle...

I'm pretty sure that those were Tribble testing rewards, not vet rewards. So I'll take your dare: you're wrong! :p

Aaanyways, it would certainly be very cool to have shuttle/small ship missions. They have mentioned for some time wanting to do that sort of thing, and the weeklies have been testing grounds for some newer mission mechanics, so I could see it happening. Although I would be surprised to have a shuttle mission so quickly - I was under the vague impression they were a ways off.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
While you're correct that it's quite close to Sol, I'd argue that as one of the game's mission/social hubs, it deserves to be on par with its K7 and DS9 counterparts.

Maybe somewhere down the road Q can move the Sierra system closer to the Iota Pavonis sector block. :p
Here's the way I look at it, I can get from SB39 to Sol before my Slipstream runs out. That's pretty dang close. Now, Drozana and K7 are that close too. So if they made SB39 more like Drozana, then I would be satisfied. That being said, I wouldn't mind them adding access to Sol in that sector.

Quote:
All these new shuttles, and then right after the coolest of them all comes out, an emphasis on a way to change ships at the launching point of the new series?

"You will board a shuttlecraft and come over to my ship. You will come alone...."