Lt. Commander
# 1 What's still missing from STO?
01-13-2011, 01:53 AM
As of now, you can see what is in the latest Ask Cryptic and Engineering Report and Release Notes for the latest patch.

We know some of the major plans moving forward. Let's do some brainstorming and see what we can come up with.

So once all the stuff in the ER is done, what else do you guys wanna see in STO as far as content, new features, new sub professions (similar to crafting/diplomacy), totally new things to do that are still very much "Star Trek" ? Be specific please. Looking for totally new sub professions or other features/ideas for the game, not the same old suggestions that have been rehashed a zillion times. What is not in STO now that should be as far as things to do or specific content that could be designed and added? Think big.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 02:23 AM
That's a good question but the timing is a little off.

Once:
  • Territory Control War
  • Deepspace Exploration
  • Starbases
  • New Factions
  • and the Duty Officer system
are designed, that leaves a lot open.

However, the struggle is seeing what would fit with the designs of those - rather than just mishmash of seemingly unrelated content.

Tackling each of those is challenge one, unifying them together into a cohesive gameplay experience is another, and what's left after that?

I really don't know. It seems like development might stagnate because so much would be there.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Missing
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
I believe the game still has a lot of room for growth, one thing I think would be neat would be a pirate faction that had the ability to attack both federation and Klingon Characters and steal from them if they could defeat them. I know I'm stealing that from eve online but I think it would be really fun on star Trek Online. It would also make the banking system more intricate in STO becasue you wouldn't want to be carrying all your energy credits around/Gold Pressed Latnim.

I would also like to add that the federation and Klingon Empires have the ability to claim more territory through pvp matches, that is what the goal of the war is right? If this happened the two sects could add or loose territory depending on Fvk pvp's.

One other thing that would be easy as long as Star Trek Online got the right to it would be the Deep Space Nine theme song when you enter DS9 Space instead of the main theme from STO.

DJ
Rear Admiral, Upper Half
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 03:21 AM
-More sectors (with no loading screens) so its a nice smooth ride from sector to sector
-there is a war going on a presume (open pvp sectors/sections)
-more factions with indepth stories (doubt this will happen)
-sol system to include mars, and also utopia planetia
-more classes then just tactical/science/engineer

I know i could add more but ill leave it there
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 04:21 AM
- Better skill info at the skilltrainer, so u dont have to have the skill already and be in space to see what it does exactly and what to skill to boost it.

- Better skill tier system, there are only few ensign skills and often u already got the ensign skill as a higher tier skill. (for example, all skills are useable from ensign to commander, but in an ensign slot only get 50% of their bonus whatever and at commander gain 125%.)

- More Skills for our BOs.

- Overhaul of BO skills because many are bugged and/or kinda useless. (siphon energy... u clear the debuff und buff with ur own skills... wtf. Viral Matrix isnt attractive at all... it should just cut 50+ energy once from every system on appliance or something)

- 2 Skillpoint pools.. one for space and one for ground... and also an typo and whatever fix for the skilltree, so that descriptions are accurate and correct.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Tholians !!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 08:02 AM
  • Actual explorable planets
  • An end game to keep current subscribers playing
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2011, 08:09 AM
  • Ability to send and use an assigned First Officer down on away msisions
  • Ability to let First Officer lead said away mission (some of us would rather Picard it up and send Numba One down instead)
  • Tie both abovementioned suggestions into a potential "rescue downed away team" mission tacked on the original away mission
  • Assign a ship-wide uniform for both BOffs, upcoming duty officers, and random NPC crew
  • More things to do in ship interiors (tie injury system to sickbay and chief medical officer, same for engineering and chief engineer. Have Major and Critical injuries require Starbase visits)
  • Allow choosing redshirts again for away missions
  • Allow BOff bios be readable to other players
  • improve information access on other captains (beyond their bio's and logs. Its hard enough that I've gotta physically see him before I can dig up info on who I'm /tell-ing)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Atmosphere,

ie good environmental audio, music soundtrack and voice overs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I want pilot-able shuttlecraft!

To be able to walk from my bridge to the hangerdeck, select my crew that is to accompany me, and pilot the shuttle to the waiting ship or station or planet. There has to be a few planets our transporters won't work on, so taking the shuttle down as an alternate would be a nice diversion for the standard beam down. You land, take care of your mission, then head back to the shuttlecraft to fly back to the ship!

Also, I want indigenous creatures to interact with you while planet-side. These could be wildlife, natives, and plant-life. They could be tame or deadly... depends on how you deal with them. Perhaps the wildlife is keeping you from completing your mission of scan 5 rocks. rather than simply killing them, you lead them away or stun them. Say one of your crewman got pricked by a poisonous plant and your CMO must figure out how to save him thru a mini game. A Tribal leader asks for your help in saving his son, but it is too late and he dies, and the Tribe blames you for his death, and throws you in a cage, so you must negotiate your way out! In other words, a random mission as well as your main mission!