Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
I want pilot-able shuttlecraft!
Also, I want indigenous creatures to interact with you while planet-side. These could be wildlife, natives, and plant-life.
This. I want to see some exploration missions/planets where I can actually interact with flora, fauna, and/or people. Shoot, that alone would probably cause me to go into some sort of Trek Fanboy Fugue and purchase an LTS again.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Unarmed combat attacks/animations being retooled into the fighting style of Captain Kirk - aka "Shat Fu".
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
cryptic has been taking a full year to create that lifetime subscription channel.
I hear they have 20 people working on that feature 24 hours a day. even during xmas.

i could have created it myself manually in a few days, but cryptic likes doing things the hard way.

But if you want the 50th fix to the color of the enterprise nacelles or a new fed species that looks like a dung beetle it should take a week.

So, if it takes a year to create a channel without success, i guess they can say every single wish you guys want will be implemented as well.

meh i am home with a cold. don't listen to me
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
-there is a war going on a presume (open pvp sectors/sections)
I think the best we can hope for, re: open PvP, will be the territory control meta-game. Personally, I'd love to see a SFC3-style "dynaverse" with entrances something like Oblivion gates (think Aenigma Nebulae) in each sector.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I've liked all the ideas in this thread so far.

I think it would be interesting to add other playable factions and subfactions to the game such as pirate groups, espionage organizations, traders, colony worlds independent of existing empires, and planetary defense and exploration forces (non-Starfleet forces with a different mission profile, such as protection against raiders and emergency planetary defense, operated by the Andorians, Vulcans, and other Federation worlds is an example of how I see this).

I'm interested to see where the Duty Officer idea goes... I would like to see major crew positions become playable down the line somewhere, and the coordination of efforts between players on a ship determining mission outcomes.

Larger and more immersive environments is, I think, something that would really enhance the gameplay down the line. Planetary size being increased by at least a significant amount, if not realistically scaled, and possibly tying actions in space to effects on surface maps would be nice. Resourcing on planets might tie into the economic aspect of the game and add more significance to exploring new territories and defending existing ones.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
We need a LOT more story arcs in STO. I'm a little surprised that, 11 months in, we're still doing the same missions for each character. I thought that, with 25+ seasons of Star Trek episodes to borrow from, there'd be a lot more content by now. I'd like to see at least enough Fed content to be able to level up 2-3 characters without seeing musch of the same stuff (some is of course always going to be common for alts).

For Klingons, I'd like to see the same thing-more story arcs and PvE options. I think most players would like to eventually be able to play other factions, like Romulans and Cardassians. I don't see how that will be possible without a massive amount of new content.

I like ground combat-in limited doses. I played last night and, as luck would have it, practically every mission was ground combat. I got a little tired of it after awhile. However, I was able to better identify what I found lacking in it. I'd like to see better manueverability while fighting and some better weapons. Also, better explanations about powers and weapon abilities would be nice.

Have you ever noticed how many TV episodes don't involve space battles or Away Teams? These are the ones that are based completely on the ship and involve BOffs. I'd like to see some missions onboard my own ship, where someone goes crazy and takes over Engineering, or one of my Boffs is injured and we must race against time to find a cure. Maybe something can happen to a BO based entirely on the race of that BO, so you have to travel to their homeworld. This could be a random occurance, so any of your BOffs could be affected. Also, if a BO is ill or out-of-commission, his station on the ship is empty unless you take the time to fill it with someone else (another BO or a temp fill-in).

Say your Chief Engineer get worms or something and then, as you're trying to cure them, your ship is attacked, so your ENG slot is temporaily empty for the fight. This would make the game a little more unpredictable.

Also, what if a couple of your BOffs hate each other? Could this affect their performance in ground combat? This could be interesting. One of the things I like most about STO is the fact that you don't just create an alt, you create an alt, his ships, and his 10 BOffs. I spend as much time crafting my BOffs (renaming, looks, etc.) as I do my alt. Anything that ties these together even more is a plus, in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
  • Animals And the possibility to fiht them or do thingys with them for the missons.
  • A working localisation in french and german
  • More KDF character editor possibilities
  • Autosit posibility on all the chairs around just like the captains chair
  • patching the problem while finished the mission you are in the middle of scanning some tissues... the talking window always overlap the wavethingy window and you do mostly lose the better harvest.
  • Include hats, helmets, googles etc. and more headsup attachenemts
  • Conquerable outposts like in Tabula Rasa once.
  • Covering system
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Where are the genre specific Admiral uniforms. Just feels odd being an Admiral and wearing a captains uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-13-2011, 01:24 PM
More use of ship's interior. I recommend reading this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=197015
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see a lot more side missions. The meat-and-potatos missions are great, and I wouldn't trade them for anything .. but think it would be a much fuller experience, if there were more to do in any given area. More NPCs who need you to to little things for them. The traditional 'collect five mushrooms' / 'deliver a package' / 'kill 7 targs' type quests. But intersperced into the main missions.