Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
main thing i would say is the other factions. romulans, cardassians dominion etc

the other is not so much new things but improvements of old stuff. better exploration, more diplomacy, stuff to do inside your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-14-2011, 09:47 AM
  • Improvement of the difficulty level.
Rising the grade of the difficulty are making the fights just longer and they simply just do more damage. At the bottom line it is really boring and mostly the player is getting frustrated. Maybe the difficult level shoud make the NPC more versatile.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-14-2011, 10:26 AM
What about a feature that involves getting small side quests and/or hints on different missions, etc. via an LCARS mail interface in our ready room? Forget video messages, stick with simple text messages that arrive to our desk in the ready room. When we bring up the messages, the messages will be text displayed with an LCARS border around the text body.

I think it would add a sense of imersion and intrigue to STO if we tied it in with exploration missions.

These messages could also be thank yous from NPCs you saved, news reports on your recent missions, etc. (think mass effect but with LCARS border for the mail. It would strictly be mail from NPCs and such.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Unable to play as Romulans, Cardassians or Dominion or Sp. 8472 for example. Restriction to 2 races can get.....blah
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see:
  • Caitan Bridge Officers
  • The ability to have my Breen BO in a Starfleet uniform
  • The ability to have ALL of the crew on my ship use the same uniform style as my BOs
  • More melee weapons.
  • REAL first contact missions
  • Environmental suite missions. Even in TOS, not EVERY planet had a breathable atmosphere
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
The thing that STO is missing is endgame content....

If i have to go through another B'tran "daily" again im going to scream, and the thought of having to go through the deferi and eta eridani dailys again makes me feel physicly ill....

Mission replay... i have replayed all the good missions countless times....

The STF's might be interesting to do on a somewhat regular basis, but they are buggy messes right now and i hold no real hope on them ever getting fixed properly...

Sigh.... I'm almost tempted to take a break until the UGC comes to holodeck.... Nothing much else to do since i have 5 Vice Admirals and over 30 mil EC...

(note this isnt a "i quit" post and no you can't get my stuff )