Lt. Commander
Alright, I want to state first off that when I bought the Collector's Edition of DC Universe Online I really thought that I would no longer play Star Trek because I am a Super Hero and DC fanboi ... but, after playing it for about an hour, I realized why I love Star Trek so much and how much potential that this game has. I think it has so much potential that I am dedicated to sticking with this game through its course. I just can't get into the corny mission sets DC gives and the missions are not what I expected. Graphics, and everything are great, the game iteself is great, but I realized I am a Star Trek fan more, and this game really provides the game I wanted all along. Anyways, point of this post is, is that I'm glad I'm back to playing Star Trek Online And ... I only played DC for a day, but you can tell after getting to level 20 how a game is gonna be I think ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 02:13 AM
PS3 interfaces don't fit my mouse + keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 02:39 AM
there is a pc version as well right?

i was thinking of taking a look but ill probably wait until a month or two in, see how it goes...if its even still going. any reviews would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Hmm, welcome back....

And Revo ole friend, not sure if i have any review wood, but if i find some, I'll let you know!

Again welcome back
Lt. Commander
# 5 Thanks!
01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Hmm, welcome back....

And Revo ole friend, not sure if i have any review wood, but if i find some, I'll let you know!

Again welcome back
Thank you sir! Appreciate the warm welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post

bah, correct spelling is for other people.:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
bah, correct spelling is for other people.:p
Thats ok.......i take as many short cuts as i can. (being blind in one eye doesn't help when you hunt and peck at incredible speed).

Cooincidentally.....I actually have review wood........or at least thats what it says on the label...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrthore View Post
Alright, I want to state first off that when I bought the Collector's Edition of DC Universe Online I really thought that I would no longer play Star Trek because I am a Super Hero and DC fanboi ... but, after playing it for about an hour, I realized why I love Star Trek so much and how much potential that this game has. I think it has so much potential that I am dedicated to sticking with this game through its course. I just can't get into the corny mission sets DC gives and the missions are not what I expected. Graphics, and everything are great, the game iteself is great, but I realized I am a Star Trek fan more, and this game really provides the game I wanted all along. Anyways, point of this post is, is that I'm glad I'm back to playing Star Trek Online And ... I only played DC for a day, but you can tell after getting to level 20 how a game is gonna be I think ...
Same story here, well, actulally not really the same, but the bottom line is the same.

After playing STO for about 4 months I got bored of the same kill 5, find 5, scan 5. So I passed over STO and went to other MMO's and really didn't thought I'd come back, because, STO was there a nice game, but totally no Star Trekish at all. So, I made other plans, in expectation of other MMO's.

At some time I saw an airing show of Star Trek TNG and asked myself, what happened to STO? So I read about the new stuff in the game and thought, to give it another try. Well, I got stuned with the improvement and mostly I got finally impressed with the Foudry. At the first read it sound the Dev's want to give us their job, designing the missions, but in the end it is totally not! It is the posibility to make the game beeing more like the shows.

I am really happy beeing back. The game feels trekish enoung to be called some sort of Star Trek and it is getting better all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Quick Capsule review: DCUO.

Pro: Strong art direction, clever combo building melee powers, Looks good, Citys are well realised and much closer to human scale than some games *cough* Travel powers are stupidly good fun once some of the upgrades are taken. Old school Item decay and destruction when used in combat.

Against: 2 faces in total in the CC. No extra costume slots, weired swan necked deformity in some of the stances, ranged powers are basically non exisant, Secondary powers that are not fire or ice blow, Leveling is hilarifast, single player RPG fast, Controls are for console players and thus horribly mapped to the keyboard, Missions are either easy or die 5 times just in the first room hard with no way to tell the differance, content was dangerously thin on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Agreed
01-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Quick Capsule review: DCUO.

Pro: Strong art direction, clever combo building melee powers, Looks good, Citys are well realised and much closer to human scale than some games *cough* Travel powers are stupidly good fun once some of the upgrades are taken. Old school Item decay and destruction when used in combat.

Against: 2 faces in total in the CC. No extra costume slots, weired swan necked deformity in some of the stances, ranged powers are basically non exisant, Secondary powers that are not fire or ice blow, Leveling is hilarifast, single player RPG fast, Controls are for console players and thus horribly mapped to the keyboard, Missions are either easy or die 5 times just in the first room hard with no way to tell the differance, content was dangerously thin on the ground.
I would have to say that these pros and cons are perfect. I agree ... I will play DCUO off and on till my month is up or till I hit max level and content ... it could be either or after all.