Lt. Commander
# 1 New Spiderman Costume:
01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...1294949420.jpg

Looks bad in my opinion. First off it's stylized in a way that's... not Spiderman. Second off the guy looks like an Emo or someone that belongs in one of those stupid Vampire movies and not like a nerd.

My hopes are quiet small for this movie.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks like pure crap haha.

Seens that the Spiderman movies are dead now.... Spiderman 4 is going to suck it seems

Well it was obvious it was going down hill when the main actor says no to another movie haha.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Meh, it's not bad, but I like the Tobey McGuire Spiderman costume much better.

Of course the lighting wasn't that good in the pic and it looked like it may have been just after a fight.

As far as McGuire not doing the new movie. . . Last I heard it was a do-over from the start. They didn't want him to do it because it's set back in Spidey's school days and he's to old for that now.

Yup, that's right a re-boot of a popular movie IP, which happens to be only nine years old. I'm not expecting much, but I reserve judgement until it's out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Garfield is actually really good.

Did you see The Social Network? He played Eduardo Saverin - who was naive, optimistic, and provided the moral core to the film. That film had a lot of great performances but Eduardo stole the scenes with his earnestness.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I Like it...and this isnt going to be Spiderman 4...they are starting a Reboot of him in High School
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanZen View Post
I Like it...and this isnt going to be Spiderman 4...they are starting a Reboot of him in High School
Yes. . . see my post above.

At any rate that's what worries me a bit. I'm half expecting it to follow something similar to the Eclipse formula since that's done so well in recent times for whatever reason. . . Guess you can't underestimate the lonely girl demographic.

But then doesn't everyone want to see a brooding Spiderman who shoots sparkly webs everywhere?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaza View Post
Yes. . . see my post above.

At any rate that's what worries me a bit. I'm half expecting it to follow something similar to the Eclipse formula since that's done so well in recent times for whatever reason. . . Guess you can't underestimate the lonely girl demographic.

But then doesn't everyone want to see a brooding Spiderman who shoots sparkly webs everywhere?
you've never seen Andrew Garfield in a film before?

he's actually quite talented.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I think it looks fine. I would have to see the mask though. IMO if ever they mess up a spiderman costume it's always the mask they mess up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
you've never seen Andrew Garfield in a film before?

he's actually quite talented.
No I haven't, but I'm not actually saying anything about the actor himself, just my concerns over what the movie may be like.

You can put the best actors in a film, but if the plot and script sucks their skills aren't going matter one bit. . . it'll still be a bad movie.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaza View Post
No I haven't, but I'm not actually saying anything about the actor himself, just my concerns over what the movie may be like.

You can put the best actors in a film, but if the plot and script sucks their skills aren't going matter one bit. . . it'll still be a bad movie.
That's true I suppose.

Honestly, too soon to tell. Not a fan of the linoleum outfit (since it's a reboot taking place in high school). However, if it focuses on that time period, Garfield plays the naive, uncompromising, hopeful type well - which is what Peter Parker was (during the formative years).