Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I want to join section 31, the Orion syndicate and eventually the Tal Shiar. I'm not bothered how it happens but I think that would be very cool.

I guess I'm basically asking for some covert gameplay to be added somehow and you raise up through the ranks like we do with the FDC.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
If you've done Drake's missions, you already are a member of S31.
I also expect the same treatments for RSE characters and the Tal'Shiar, given that KDF characters went to Klingon Intelligence for the weeklies.

As for the Syndicate: Orions are already part of it by default, and if I recall correctly Melani D'ian kicked all non-Orions out (or had them killed). That said, I could be mistaken, in which case there might be potential here for KDF characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
If you've done Drake's missions, you already are a member of S31
Not so much a member as an asset. To use an example: Garak, once a member of the Obsidian Order, maintained a lot of his contacts and occasionally introduced them to members of the crew. In the episode, my favorite from the series, "In the Pale Moonlight," we are introduced to a holographic programmer named Tolar. Tolar was not a member of the Obsidian Order, but he did work for someone who was.

For a more contemporary example, in the book "Clear and Present Danger," a CIA operative and planner named John Clark devises an operation to take out drug manufacturing and oversight in Colombia. The military personnel on the ground are not CIA, but are instead assets used by CIA to obtain its objective.

I'm not sure if that clears things up, so I'll just add one more note: The player does not work for Section 31, they work for Starfleet. Once in a while the player is tapped to work for Section 31, but is not a member of the organization much like Bashir was never a member of S31.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 08:08 AM
i asked about joining section 31 on a ask cryptic they said it will be a long time off. but yeah would love to join section 31, the sydicate or the tal shiar and even the Obsidian Order when the cardassians are introduced in late 2015 :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
Once in a while the player is tapped to work for Section 31, but is not a member of the organization much like Bashir was never a member of S31.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Remember the talk Harris had with Reed in ENT?

The differences between being a member and being an asset are quite fluid, only determined by how much S31's leaders trust you. If you show them that you believe in the same goals, you will gradually be supplied with greater freedom of action and deeper knowledge of dirty laundry until potentially even being able to lead other "assets" in a covert operation once you've risen far enough.

That said, I actually think the term "asset" is only true for characters who help S31 without realizing it. Anyone who got inducted and knows who he's dealing with is considered a member - for life.

I mean, what exactly is the difference to you?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 08:23 AM
so add a esponarge XP so you can goup the section 31 tree

Starfleet tree Skill points
Diplomatic tree Dilpomatic XP
Why not esponarge XP with the top ranks working for section 31 as more than a asset
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_pain
Why not esponarge XP with the top ranks working for section 31 as more than a asset
Personally, I believe this would look quite odd, given that you've got an entire starship firmly embedded into the Starfleet chain of command, with hundreds of people under your command. You cannot openly serve two masters at the same time, and S31 is still regarded as an illegal organization. Being a leader in S31 should mean giving up on your captaincy, as the two things are simply not compatible.

That said, there are crazier things in the game. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_pain
so add a esponarge XP so you can goup the section 31 tree

Starfleet tree Skill points
Diplomatic tree Dilpomatic XP
Love this idea!

I too would enjoy working for Section 31 in a more, active role.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Personally, I believe this would look quite odd, given that you've got an entire starship firmly embedded into the Starfleet chain of command, with hundreds of people under your command. You cannot openly serve two masters at the same time, and S31 is still regarded as an illegal organization. Being a leader in S31 should mean giving up on your captaincy, as the two things are simply not compatible.

That said, there are crazier things in the game. *shrugs*
Now you want to cite canon!!!??? LOL

j/k

I do not see them as being incompatible, after all, their goal is the same, the safety and security of the
Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
i did say only at the top levels do you work for section 31. like with any organisation with that influence you would have to get noticed, so the frank mission where he tests you if you pass you gain a lot of Esp XP if you fail you lose just as much. have it as a up and down scale the harder the mission the more there is to loss the less there is to gain