Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll take more Klingon content first, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Dstal said that working section 31 is a long way off probably even after romulans
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
No.

NO.

I will not support a S31 membership option, even if its for money. It goes against the entirety of what Star Trek stands for. If this even gets a whiff beyond CBS and becomes a reality in development for STO I will cease all connections to this game.

Section 31 is a slap to Gene Roddenberry's memory. It was in DS9, it still is now. I will not stand for it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
I do not see them as being incompatible, after all, their goal is the same, the safety and security of the Federation.
Yeh, but still S31 is illegal and it could be noticed when you take your ship for a spin in areas where you don't belong, or if you disappear for a couple weeks with no trace at all. I mean, this might work if S31 would be sanctioned so nobody would care, but that's not the case.

I can see it happening in STO anyways. Just saying it'd be ... weird.

Not to mention all those "Doctor Admiral Ambassador Operatives" that the game will end up with. I'd argue for fleshing out the existing things before you have characters branch out even further away from what is the core of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
^ This man has a point, too.

The community is full of good (or less good) ideas of what "needs" to be implemented, but most do not look at other parts of the game that need some more work first. Basically, it's the decision between making one aspect of the game "perfect" whilst leaving the others to wither, or trying to balance at least a little.

I mean, just look at KDF clothing options. And still there are people calling for yet more Starfleet costumes that had 2 minutes of screentime. Focus, people!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Yeh, but still S31 is illegal and it could be noticed when you take your ship for a spin in areas where you don't belong, or if you disappear for a couple weeks with no trace at all. I mean, this might work if S31 would be sanctioned so nobody would care, but that's not the case.

I can see it happening in STO anyways. Just saying it'd be ... weird.

Not to mention all those "Doctor Admiral Ambassador Operatives" that the game will end up with. I'd argue for fleshing out the existing things before you have characters branch out even further away from what is the core of the game.

^ This man has a point, too.

The community is full of good (or less good) ideas of what "needs" to be implemented, but most do not look at other parts of the game that need some more work first. Basically, it's the decision between making one aspect of the game "perfect" whilst leaving the others to wither, or trying to balance at least a little.

I mean, just look at KDF clothing options. And still there are people calling for yet more Starfleet costumes that had 2 minutes of screentime. Focus, people!
Klingon clothing??? Granted, I haven't seen too many non NPC Klingons but the one thing I love about the Klingons I see, they all look like Klingons! Now the Feds on the other hand, they look like a Star wars circus. I've said it before, I'll say it again, that kind of "diversity" is a negative in my book. I wouldn't have enjoyed Star Trek, SG-1 (and its variants), Aliens, or BSG if these militarily based shows/movies had its military personnel walking around wearing what ever the heck they wanted. To me, it undermines the image.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
Klingon clothing??? Granted, I haven't seen too many non NPC Klingons but the one thing I love about the Klingons I see, they all look like Klingons! Now the Feds on the other hand, they look like a Star wars circus. I've said it before, I'll say it again, that kind of "diversity" is a negative in my book.
And I fully agree!

But there are some very nice items which are dearly missed by Klingon players.
Tunicless vests, General Korrd's mantle, the officer's coat and of course the "cleavage armour" and the long skirt. All very Klingon, all iconic, seen on-screen a lot of times throughout the history of Trek. And still not in the game in favour of stuff like one of Troi's many outfits.
We didn't even get the fingerless gloves which were standard for virtually all Klingon clothes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
And I fully agree!

But there are some very nice items which are dearly missed by Klingon players.
Tunicless vests, General Korrd's mantle, the officer's coat and of course the "cleavage armour" and the long skirt. All very Klingon, all iconic, seen on-screen a lot of times throughout the history of Trek. And still not in the game in favour of stuff like one of Troi's many outfits.
We didn't even get the fingerless gloves which were standard for virtually all Klingon clothes.
Maybe I should be playing the Klingon side.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
No.

NO.

I will not support a S31 membership option, even if its for money. It goes against the entirety of what Star Trek stands for. If this even gets a whiff beyond CBS and becomes a reality in development for STO I will cease all connections to this game.

Section 31 is a slap to Gene Roddenberry's memory. It was in DS9, it still is now. I will not stand for it.
i should have added that it would be optional. no one has to join if they dont want to.

section 31 is already in game and im not suggesting anyone has to be forced into it.

Quote:

i has suggested the orion syndicate too so i am asking for klingon content.

but i disagree with your statement. of course things must be prioritised but that does not mean we cant ask for things, otherwise the forums would get very boring indeed.

when i come up with an idea i dont sit on it waiting for the right time, i just propose it. im not saying this is a priority and i dont think anybody else who comes up with an idea thinks theirs should be implemented first. we are just giving our thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I'd certainly like to see these sorts of options at some point down the road, though there'd need to be some sort of decision that cuts you off from other avenues within the Federation/Empire for it to really mean anything. Otherwise it'll just end up like the FDC with every man and his Sehlat/Targ being a member of S31/Orion Syndicate.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Orion Syndicate
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I think it would be better to make a third playable faction and make it the orion syndicate, this could be the pirate faction that could steal from other players and ambush players that aren't paying attention. This would of coarse come with some limitations though.