Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I've been wondering about this recently.

I've noticed people will often change their ship for specific STFs.

But to do so, they have to make a long trek out to a major station and back.

So, should a ship changer station be placed in the Battle Group?

All you'd need is to put a ship interior on the respective command vessels for each faction (Victory for Starfleet, Chang for KDF) with the station in a particular place.

When you approach these ships, you are given the option to "beam aboard" into a room with the console, swap your ship and off you go.

This would be more convenient then a sector wide trek to whichever station and back again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Or just put a Starbase there...even better if it is shared by KDF and Feds, like Drozana.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Or just put a Starbase there...even better if it is shared by KDF and Feds, like Drozana.
this.

Perhaps, once we get the new (old) Earth Space Dock, they can tow the station currently in orbit of Earth to the battlegroup.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

I like that. It wouldn't even need to be a full station (size wise I mean) but more like a mobile command center. Maybe just call it like, Mobile Command Center Omega or something.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
A full out Battlestation would be interesting.

A station designed specifically to unleash massive damage upon Borg fleets.

Maybe even have it be a combination of Starfleet and Klingon technology.

That would have an interesting visual appearance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
I like that. It wouldn't even need to be a full station (size wise I mean) but more like a mobile command center. Maybe just call it like, Mobile Command Center Omega or something.
I was actually thinking something like this. Just move the transwarp gate to an asteroid field and plop down a prefab base on one of the asteroids where you could beam down and do your stuff. It's probably be small, so you might be able to get away with reusing the starbase/generic research station interior assets.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree it would be a nice convenience added to the game.

But, taken into perspective and in true lore, this is an enemy line and they are in battle. I don't think they have spare ships lying about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Well, the ships I named are already in the Battle Group.
They're the Battle Group leaders.
So, all they'd have to do is allow us to do is visit the interiors.

It wouldn't be too hard to build a Mobile Command Center, considering the amount of resources they've committed to Battle Group Omega.

A small station in the Battle Group wouldn't be too hard to construct with the resources of Starfleet and the KDF behind it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Considering that the KDF and Federation are still at war and have just agreed to not shoot each other in Gamma Orionis, I don't think that they would build a joint station. But someone else might build or transport them one, perhaps, like a crafty Ferengi?

Or they find one, mysteriously appearing out of nowhere?
You know, we never knew what happend to Deep Space 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8? [/Babylon5Reference].

It would certainly come in handy to have the ability to change ships in Gamma Orionis.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You know, we never knew what happend to Deep Space 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8?
Yes, we do. They are just located in different parts of federation space.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deep_Space_3
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deep_Space_4
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deep_Space_5
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deep_Space_7