Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-14-2011, 12:10 PM
*places big jar on table*
Everyone who wants to pay the Ferengi to build us a space station, put latinum in the jar.

Maybe the Hylasa could make us one, although they don't live in our space, considering the ability of the Gekli to open portals to our realm, it would be easy for them to come and live amongst us.
And they would have a vested interest in operating in the area, considering Species 8472 are also heavily active nearby.
And since, like the Deferi, they're neutral in the Fed/KDF war, there would be no conflict of interest in them providing a space station that can be used by both sides.

There's something else we could use nearby, I'm uncertain if Battle Group Omega provides this service.

Everytime someone needed to buy Large Shield Charges or Large Hypos, they've needed to make the trek back home.

And ship replicators don't make these items.

I'm starting to wonder why the game mechanic is forcing people to go to their home base so much.

I don't like Sol Starbase (actually, I actively avoid it as much as possible), yet I'm forced to go there for BOFF training and purple XI requisitions.
Is there some reason you can't have those services on another station?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-14-2011, 04:39 PM
I like the notion of beaming down somewhere. It needn't be a starbase, though. The gate itself is certainly massive enough to hold some habitable areas, and there's always the taskforce flagships we could beam onto... might be nice for some of us, to walk around in a ship interior with actual other people for a change. And you could go up to the bridge to complete the Gamma Orionis introductory mission.