Lt. Commander
So, the All Good Things uniform was just released, and that's great. But, I noticed two things immediately.

1. With the Original Series, Wrath of Khan (open and closed), Next Generation Series, Next Generation Film, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, Counselor, Enterprise, Mirror Universe, Enterprise Mirror Universe, T'pol, Motion Picture, and Seven of Nine outfits, each uniform style included the rank pips and badge appropriate to the style. With exception to the TMP uniform, none of these uniform packs made mention to the fact that the appropriate combadge was included, yet it is included.

2. With the All Good Things uniform, the uniform includes the appropriate rank pips for the style, but not the badge. However, the badge is shown on the product images. Both the preview and the expanded view show the badge as part of the uniform. Yet it's not included.

Now, I realize that the AGT badge is currently the 100-day veteran reward. However, this is the only uniform set that does not conform to precedence set by the other uniforms.

There are a couple ways I thought of to allow this problem to be remedied.

1. Add the AGT badge to the AGT uniform itself. No change would be made to the 100-day reward.

2. Replace the AGT badge from the 100-day reward with another reward, and instead add the badge to the AGT Uniform. This change would coincide with the below suggestion.

Additionally, I would like to see a disconnection of the badges and ranks from the uniform itself, specifically with the customization aspect. For instance, instead of restricting the TOS badges to the TOS uniforms, allow them to be used with any uniform. The same would apply to all rank and badge styles (as they currently do to the standard badges, the AGT badge reward, and the Temba badge). This would allow further customization, but would still require the uniform set to be purchased before the uniform and badge could be used.

A couple examples of what I'd like to see:

TNG badge with Enterprise Uniform, using TOS rank stripes.
TOS badge with AGT uniform, using Enterprise rank pips
AGT badge with TOS uniform, using TNG rank pips

I should also note that the badges and ranks would remain tied to the uniform as far as C-store is concerned. For example, while the TOS rank/badges would be usable on any uniform once unlocked, they would not be usable at all until the TOS uniforms are unlocked.

The badges are what I'm wanting the most, and should be more easiliy done than the ranks. I would like to see the rank images as well, but I realize that would take some effort to accomplish.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
In Thoughtful stance only one of my rank pips shows up. Switching from Thoughtful to Standard makes the correct pips appear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
In Thoughtful stance only one of my rank pips shows up. Switching from Thoughtful to Standard makes the correct pips appear.
I've noticed this as well, in some stances the pips get clipped by the clothing.

Any news on a fix for this devs?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I have also noticed that I am able to use the "All Good Things..." uniform set even though I have not purchased it via C-Store, same for the Counselor outfit in my female toons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
I have also noticed that I am able to use the "All Good Things..." uniform set even though I have not purchased it via C-Store, same for the Counselor outfit in my female toons.
There seem to be two similar bugs;

1) You'll see C-store costumes in the tailor that you haven't purchased (they even show with an open padlock), it will let you assign them and customise, then when you hit purchase it throws up an error and resets your costume to its state when you entered the tailor.

2) Same as before, but doesn't give the error and allows you to use costumes you haven't bought from C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
Are you actually able to equip the uniforms, or do they simply appear as options if you look at them? When I got to the tailor, I can see all available options (including ones I haven't purchased), but cannot actually equip them as Mike mentioned in his post.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Why bother? Odds are 90% of the people who buy C-Store stuff will either already have 100 days under their belt, or will probally get 100 days under their belt.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Why bother? Odds are 90% of the people who buy C-Store stuff will either already have 100 days under their belt, or will probally get 100 days under their belt.
Doubt that. I'm only at 60 days, and I've spent probably close to $100 on the C-store so far.

Besides, the fact that most people have it already isn't an excuse for leaving the appropriate badge out of one uniform. Why punish a group of people that want to use a uniform (that's canon for this period) simply because they haven't been here for 100 days?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Doubt that. I'm only at 60 days, and I've spent probably close to $100 on the C-store so far.

Besides, the fact that most people have it already isn't an excuse for leaving the appropriate badge out of one uniform. Why punish a group of people that want to use a uniform (that's canon for this period) simply because they haven't been here for 100 days?
They aren't being punished, they'll get the badge when they get the 100 day mark. And the AGT hasn't been established as canon in the game, the currently available uniforms have been. One could also suggest that by taking away my nifty commbadge after having earned it with 137 days in game, is also a punishment. Sure, it could be replaced with something else. No argument there, but that's what the 100 day folks expected when they sub'd for that amount of time.

That being said, I think the CommBadge should be included in the uniform pack. Provided it's available only to that uniform, just like the TNG Era Badge is available to 2370s era costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Im annoyed at this. It shows the badge on the uniform in the Cstore so i assumed i would be able to use it with the uniform but nope. False Advertising FTL, way to go Cryptic. They should at least let you use the DS9 comm badge with it