Lt. Commander
# 11
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
They aren't being punished, they'll get the badge when they get the 100 day mark. And the AGT hasn't been established as canon in the game, the currently available uniforms have been. One could also suggest that by taking away my nifty commbadge after having earned it with 137 days in game, is also a punishment. Sure, it could be replaced with something else. No argument there, but that's what the 100 day folks expected when they sub'd for that amount of time.
That's why I suggested the reward be changed. That would satisfy adding the combadge to the uniform (to conform with precedence), and still allow a unique reward for 100 days.

Quote:
That being said, I think the CommBadge should be included in the uniform pack. Provided it's available only to that uniform, just like the TNG Era Badge is available to 2370s era costumes.
Of course. That was one of my suggestions. Personally, I would like to see badges/ranks enabled for all costumes (including off-duty clothes, if desired), but that would require the reward to be changed (which I would prefer anyway, now that the AGT uniforms are out, but missing the appropriate combadge).
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
They aren't being punished, they'll get the badge when they get the 100 day mark. And the AGT hasn't been established as canon in the game, the currently available uniforms have been. One could also suggest that by taking away my nifty commbadge after having earned it with 137 days in game, is also a punishment. Sure, it could be replaced with something else. No argument there, but that's what the 100 day folks expected when they sub'd for that amount of time.

That being said, I think the CommBadge should be included in the uniform pack. Provided it's available only to that uniform, just like the TNG Era Badge is available to 2370s era costumes.
Uh the All Good Things outfit is canon. It was in multiple ST episodes spanning 3 series. All the A-B outfits aren't canon along with multiple other ones hehe :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Uh the All Good Things outfit is canon. It was in multiple ST episodes spanning 3 series. All the A-B outfits aren't canon along with multiple other ones hehe :p
I know it is, but that doesn't mean I have to like it

The point is, this game established the current uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:

The current ones are Wrong
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:

The Shows/movies take precedence over any games where canon is concerned (which even Cryptic acknowledges).

Technically speaking, the AGT uniform is the canon uniform for at least 2395 (TNG: "All Good Things"), 2404, (Voy: (Endgame"), and 2422 (DS9: "The Visitor"). Which means that said uniform is the canon uniform for this game according to the shows.

Additionally, the badge was used as early as 2390, but with the TNG film uniform (Voy: "Timeless"), which as I mentioned in another post, means that sometime between 2390 and 2395, the uniform is phased from the TNG film to the AGT.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I love this uniform but if they decide to add the com badge and fix the rank pips issue, they should revise the pants too. Maybe i'm a nitpicker but the canon pants from AGT have a split bottom ... the current bottom is wrong and also looks ugly. Unfortunately the TNG split bottom pants don't match the color and look of the AGT uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I do agree that they need to rethink the 100 day CommBadge reward and add the AGT CommBadge to the AGT uniform pack. I have botht he uniform and the CommBadge but I would be very unhappy if I had purchased the uniform if I didn't have the 100 day reward. A fair trade off would be the Future Imperfect CommBadge as the 100 day reward and taking the AGT and binding it to the AGT uniform pack. It's pretty straight forward! It's not like Cryptic hasn't switched up crap on us before. After all, the AGT uniform was supposed be the 200 day uniform reward but instead we got shafted with that ugly looking barely customizable piece of shiny gold crap!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree that all combadges and rank pip varients should be avaliable on all uniform types (with in reason, no arm stripes when your uniform has no arms!) I also agree that the AGT combadge should be avaliable with the uniform. I also agree that a new 100-day reward should be introduced and unlike all else, I'll give a suggestion that involved both a combadge AND rank. Yes, that's right, give us the combadge from "Future Imprefect"! One of my favorite TNG episodes
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I agree that all combadges and rank pip varients should be avaliable on all uniform types (with in reason, no arm stripes when your uniform has no arms!) I also agree that the AGT combadge should be avaliable with the uniform. I also agree that a new 100-day reward should be introduced and unlike all else, I'll give a suggestion that involved both a combadge AND rank. Yes, that's right, give us the combadge from "Future Imprefect"! One of my favorite TNG episodes
That would work for me. The uniform in that episode is the same as the TNG uniform, so they wouldn't have to worry about a uniform pack later on (unlike the AGT set).
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
That would work for me. The uniform in that episode is the same as the TNG uniform, so they wouldn't have to worry about a uniform pack later on (unlike the AGT set).
Yup yup, and it shows are ranks too!