Lt. Commander
# 1 dstahl, or devs that know
01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
fleet owned star bases, everyone is excited about them as much if not more then the foundry. we know they are coming with an eta of fall. what we dont know is if we going to be able to defend them? are we going to be able to attack klingons bases? it has been mentioned by dstahl that the crafting is going to be involved somehow. will we use the crafting to fix our stations? this is an interesting topic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
fleet owned star bases, everyone is excited about them as much if not more then the foundry. we know they are coming with an eta of fall. what we dont know is if we going to be able to defend them? are we going to be able to attack klingons bases? it has been mentioned by dstahl that the crafting is going to be involved somehow. will we use the crafting to fix our stations? this is an interesting topic.
Maybe we will pick up spare parts from the ships we destroy, or from the ESD vendors
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
If they're that far off, they're still in the design phase, so there won't be such specific answers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I guess it will be something like a Foundry map without actual story.You place it into a star system and when you get near you will be able to choose between an Enter star system, Enter Starbase option.
The current Foundry is very limited in the map building aspect so I think the team owned starbases are some time away.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
i understand that dstahl or devs cant reveal specific details of how things are obtained and where and stuff like that, but he can voice what is the direction of the bases headed. wheather they will be defendable or just social hubs. in my opinion defendable fleet owned starbases would be awesome. it would make our fleet members more active, give them purpose at defending 24/7. maintaining the bases. even if we have to wait until 2 yr anniversay this would be extremely awesome and again in my opinion alot better then the foundry. and we all know that the foundry is unique bugs and all very interesting and attracting alot of members.