Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I've just got to come out and say it. I always hated the way the AGT uniforms looked, the single color top and everything just threw me. I have to hand it to Cryptic, though, with the character creator you can actually go in and edit the costume around and actually create something that looks pretty darn awesome in my opinion and actually looks like a cool evolution of the TNG/DS9/Voyager uniforms. I'm actually going to have a lot of fun messing around with these new pieces, so, bravo, guys! Bravo!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure why people are hating on this uniform (not counting the rank bug). This uniform was at the top of a poll ages ago and after finally getting this uniform people are acting like this was a random addition to the C-Store.....

I'm surprised there aren't more "about damn time" posts haha.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
I guess 100% of the playerbase are feds and most are female toons?
Sounds about right actually :p

As you can't make a Klingon until level 6 or something, that means everyone would have played as a Fed at some point, and most must have female toons because they are waiting for the open jacket uniform :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Bleah. Like the Troi 'uniform', I wouldn't buy these even if I weren't refusing to give STO more money. Ugly, and reportedly bugged on top of that... It's really, really sad that even a lot of the stuff y'all have been double-charging people for in the past few months is of such poor quality.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Those........ Pants.......
I feel ya, they make everyone look like an old man with his pants hitched up around his nipples.

Case in point. Real world equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
IDK... I always thought of this of the "grand pa" uniform. It seemed to me the pants were riding way to high to make everyone look older in that episode.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
You get to admiral in almost no time in this game. Why wear the uniform of an inferior rank? Without the admiral version, I would hardly call this a costume pack.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightops25 View Post
You get to admiral in almost no time in this game. Why wear the uniform of an inferior rank? Without the admiral version, I would hardly call this a costume pack.
Unfortunately, none of the other uniform packs have Admiral versions, either (at least, none I can think of). The only Admiral uniform I can think of is the Admiral's Jacket, and that isn't even available until you reach Vice Admiral.

I hope, in the future, that Cryptic goes back and add Admiral variants to the costume sets (including this one).
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Only difference between this and the Admiral version is a gold stripe... They should make that crease have a selectable colour. Solves the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I have mixed feelings about this uniform.

I never liked it on screen, let's face it, it had to be made cheaply for the show and actually looks like a pair of pyjamas on screen. In a computer game they are not restricted in the way they were on TV and can do better, and I like the way it has been updated for STO and is a passable alternative uniform. So well done! I think it speaks volumes how many players were at spacedock last night and how many were huddled around the tailor, but that said, I actually saw very few characters dressed in it while I was there.

I bought it, but never actually saved the changes, so for me it was a waste of money. I don't like the fact that I have to wait another 6 weeks before I can get the AGT badge and I really resent the fact that the pins don't show up on my character, so it just ended up looking all wrong. I would actually demand my money (or in this case points) back if this were the real world because the product is faulty, but I am guessing I have no option to do that in this case?