Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
Just what we need ANOTHER fed only uniform.

At least it is available to both sexes. 240cp for those female only uniforms is a ripoff IMO.

12 uniforms for fed females

9 uniforms for fed males

0 for klingon faction

(not including off duty outfits)

I guess 100% of the playerbase are feds and most are female toons?
Have you played a KDF character? They have a lot of uniform options. Sure, they haven't had to pay for any of them. So if that is the problem then you're sure complaining about the wrong thing.

And as far as I know all Star Trek have been about has been Starfleet. Klingons and the other species have only been seasoning. So that the amount of uniform and ship designs would be more on the Federation side is only to be expected how ever unfair it is.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Have you played a KDF character? They have a lot of uniform options. Sure, they haven't had to pay for any of them. So if that is the problem then you're sure complaining about the wrong thing.

And as far as I know all Star Trek have been about has been Starfleet. Klingons and the other species have only been seasoning. So that the amount of uniform and ship designs would be more on the Federation side is only to be expected how ever unfair it is.
This is very true. Starfleet was the focus of Star Trek and always will be. Sure it's nice to have the other options but the lore is set up for Starfleet much easier than it is for Klingons and the other races.

Outside the TOS Klingon Uniform, I struggle to image a fixed uniform. Sure they had a certain style that they sort of adhered to and which STO takes advantage of, but I can't pick out, say, 5 uniform sets that I can with the Federation.

Yes, it would be nice to have more options on both sides of the Klingon/Federation fence, but I really can't blame them for bringing out Fed content, since that is where most of the players play and where set uniforms are already canonically established.

The only Klingon uniform aspect I can specifically recall that I would like to see perhaps, is Worf's Baldric. Ultimately I would like to see STO go away from gender stereotyping and open up all options for all genders. Why must all men have short cropped hair and all the women long flowing ones?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
Only difference between this and the Admiral version is a gold stripe... They should make that crease have a selectable colour. Solves the problem.
Not quite, the Admiral smock/tunic/shirt is quite different from the duty uniforms.
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...-b/320x240.jpg
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...pi/320x240.jpg

Admiral Janeway's uniform is more like what you described, but this is the All Good Things Costume pack, not the Endgame costume pack.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-14-2011, 02:22 AM
This Uniform was also shown in Voyager Endgame
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-14-2011, 02:24 AM
@ Nightstop: Butt Janeway wore the AGT version of the admiral's tunic, not the TNG version like Riker. And that uniform is almost the same, however it's nothing new that the admiral versions of uniforms usually are missing in STO, same with NEM uniforms, TNG uniforms and DS9 uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
@ Nightstop: Butt Janeway wore the AGT version of the admiral's tunic, not the TNG version like Riker. And that uniform is almost the same, however it's nothing new that the admiral versions of uniforms usually are missing in STO, same with NEM uniforms, TNG uniforms and DS9 uniforms.
I agree with Eris on this, though it would be nice to have both versions available.

Bring on the Captain's jacket from TNG next!

Oh, and the rank display problem, it only 'bugs' depending on the stance your character is using (at least for Male). When I use the Standard stance i see my rank, but when in the thoughtful stance, with my arms behind my back, I can barely see my rank at all.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-14-2011, 06:36 AM
yay old people uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
What bridge is that in the screenshot?
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Like I said above, this is the All Good Things pack, not the Endgame pack, and as best as I can remember, Janeway was not in AGT, it was only in Endgame where she was shown in that admiral's tunic. And just because we've been shorted before on costume packs, is no reason to continue accepting it.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber1250 View Post
Not sure why anyone would want to wear this uni, but at least people will stop whining about it...
It's fairly well-accepted by the community-at-large (Trek-wide, not just STO) as the appropriate "canon" uniform for the time period that STO is set in. Hence, why people wanted it, why Blackavaar will make another awesome guide to appropriately color it, and why you'll likely see a rise in adoption of this uniform.