Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Respec token lost
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I was wondering if anybody experienced that before. In december, after the season 3 patch, I bought two respec tokens off the C-Store and immediatly used one. Now this week, I've tried using this second token but it's not showing up. I have only the option to use Starfleet Merits, which I don't have enough.

So I don't understand where that token went. I've opened bug reports, GM tickets and a special ticket through billing bug report. They all answered "we've opened a bug report on your behalf, but [...] some issues require further development". So basically they can't fix my issue soon.

Anybody had this experience before?
Any devs / GM can fix my issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I would be tempted to lodge a dispute with paypal/credit card company. you have paid for a service not received, otherwise known as fraud or theft.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
First, please ignore person above me who obviously has no idea what the words "fraud or theft" actually mean.

Two, try going here to Cryptic's Account and Billing Live Support page. They're open for about another 6 hours from the time I'm posting this. After that they will be closed until tomorrow. They're open 7 days a week.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
my work here is done
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixqc View Post
I was wondering if anybody experienced that before. In december, after the season 3 patch, I bought two respec tokens off the C-Store and immediatly used one. Now this week, I've tried using this second token but it's not showing up. I have only the option to use Starfleet Merits, which I don't have enough.

So I don't understand where that token went. I've opened bug reports, GM tickets and a special ticket through billing bug report. They all answered "we've opened a bug report on your behalf, but [...] some issues require further development". So basically they can't fix my issue soon.

Anybody had this experience before?
Any devs / GM can fix my issue?
I can't find this information anywhere else, so clearly Cryptic needs to do something, but as noted at http://www.stowiki.org/Respec

"Notes
It is important to note that a character can only hold one token at a time; they do not stack. If your character already has a token and you acquire another, it will be replaced with no form of reimbursement."

This isn't a bug, it's a "feature."
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I refuse to take that bug / feature as granted. If there's an issue with stacking two respec token, then it needs to be fixed and I need to be reimboursed. It is totally unacceptable especially that there is real life money involved in this transaction.

The minimum here is that Cryptic acknowledge or refute the problem and states clearly what my issue is. If it's a bug with the C-Store, then they need to inform their customers about it and work on fixing the issue for the future. And of course reimbourse me.

If it was stated somewhere on their website that it would do that, then they need to program their store to prevent such transaction from happening in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
I bought a respec token... then it never showed up. Cryptic logged it as a bug... HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO RESPEC?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
This problem is clearly happening to other players as well. DEVs / Cryptic, Please help with this issue !
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixqc View Post
This problem is clearly happening to other players as well. DEVs / Cryptic, Please help with this issue !
Seriously.

Go to Cryptic's Account and Billing Live Support page. They're open 7 days a week.

"Account and Billing Live Chat
We are pleased to offer a live chat service for account and billing issues. We accept chat inquiries seven days a week, from 9:00am to 9:00pm Pacific time."
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Peregrine, I have also experienced an issue with missing respec tokens. I have filed multiple bug reports and made multiple requests to GMs for help. I also recently contacted chat support. Ultimately, their response was to wait for a response to my bug reports/trouble tickets. We all know how long that may take.

In the meantime, I've been forced to buy more C-Store points to perform my respecs. I sincerely hope they return my missing respec tokens, or further action will be required. Probably some sort of billing dispute claim with my credit card company.