Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I know I was offering some suggestions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I finished reading most of the Destiny series and am anxious to see the Vesta in the game so I played with dream stats a bit, enjoy your stay

Vesta Class Proposal (Tactical/Science Hybrid)

Suggested background blurb for STO: The Vesta is officially a extreme range explorer, but unofficially its a quick response vessel performing holding actions along with the excelsior class until the fleet arrives.

Pros
-Only non tactical ship to mount cannons.
-Only federation ship that has high tier powers that can mount dual cannons.
-Has target subsystems like science ships, and buff feature when implemented)

Cons
-Looses a forward weapon slot (like a science vessel)
-Looses a BO power in favor of higher ranked powers
-Looses a console.
-slower then most 'real' tactical ships, but still maneuverable enough to use dual cannons effectively.

Impulse modifier: .20
Inertia: 35
Turn Rate: 13
Crew 550
Hull points: 27000

Weaponry:
Fore weapon slots: 3 (Any including dual or heavy dual cannons)
Aft weapon slots: 3
Has Science target subsystem ability.

Bridge Officer Stations:
Tactical: Commander (1)
Engineering: Lieutenant Commander (1)
Science: Lieutenant Commander (1), Lieutenant (1)
Total: 11

Console Slots:
Tactical: 3
Engineering: 2
Science: 3

Special- As slipstream is common on tier 5 ships, simply give her a reduced recharge or a increased run time, or if nothing else, transwarp (ala Excelsior). If a lower tier version is implemented, give it the equivalent of quantum slipstream drive like an admiral.
this is how I would change it jump the crew to about 750 and change the BOFF layout some to maybe this:
Bridge Officer Stations:
Tactical: Lieutenant Commander(1)
Engineering: Commander (1)
Science: Lieutenant Commander (1), Commander (1)


Console Slots:
Tactical: 3
Engineering: 3
Science: 3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
*ACK* Apologies for necro. I got fooled by a link in a new thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
There already is a Sci/Escort.
The MVAE.

Personaly, I believe that they would build the Vesta like they did the Ody but based off the Assault Cruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I always thought the Vesta would best fit the Science/Escort niche. Like, a science ship with -possible- dual cannon access along with Cmd Sci and LtC Tac as primary Boff stations.

*shrugs* I'm happy with my Odyssey, though, so I don't really mind where this goes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
There already is a Sci/Escort.
The MVAE.

Personaly, I believe that they would build the Vesta like they did the Ody but based off the Assault Cruisers.
I think they meant the other way around, like the Luna.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I finished reading most of the Destiny series and am anxious to see the Vesta in the game so I played with dream stats a bit, enjoy your stay

Vesta Class Proposal (Tactical/Science Hybrid)

Suggested background blurb for STO: The Vesta is officially a extreme range explorer, but unofficially its a quick response vessel performing holding actions along with the excelsior class until the fleet arrives.

Pros
-Only non tactical ship to mount cannons.
-Only federation ship that has high tier powers that can mount dual cannons.
-Has target subsystems like science ships, and buff feature when implemented)

Cons
-Looses a forward weapon slot (like a science vessel)
-Looses a BO power in favor of higher ranked powers
-Looses a console.
-slower then most 'real' tactical ships, but still maneuverable enough to use dual cannons effectively.

Impulse modifier: .20
Inertia: 35
Turn Rate: 13
Crew 550
Hull points: 27000

Weaponry:
Fore weapon slots: 3 (Any including dual or heavy dual cannons)
Aft weapon slots: 3
Has Science target subsystem ability.

Bridge Officer Stations:
Tactical: Commander (1)
Engineering: Lieutenant Commander (1)
Science: Lieutenant Commander (1), Lieutenant (1)
Total: 11

Console Slots:
Tactical: 3
Engineering: 2
Science: 3

Special- As slipstream is common on tier 5 ships, simply give her a reduced recharge or a increased run time, or if nothing else, transwarp (ala Excelsior). If a lower tier version is implemented, give it the equivalent of quantum slipstream drive like an admiral.
Switch the 2 highlighted boff stations and I might fly it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Eep!! my old thread has been necro'ed.

It was intended (the way I stated it back then) to be a science vessel with tactical capabilities, not the other way around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
Eep!! my old thread has been necro'ed.

It was intended (the way I stated it back then) to be a science vessel with tactical capabilities, not the other way around.
I agree it should be. Which is why it should have a Sci Commander slot and a Lt Com Tactical slot
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.