Lt. Commander
# 1 DS9 tv series.worst character
01-14-2011, 12:03 PM
rewatching ds9 after many years

loving it......till they introduce vedik win...I dont think i despise a start trek or even sci-fi character more.

If i had a choice of who to be stuck in a turbolift id rather it be wesley than vedik win....I probably wouldnt strnagle wesley
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
rewatchign ds9 after many years

loving it......till they intorduce vedik win...I dont think i despise a start trek or even sci-fi character more.

If i had a choice of who to be stuck in a turbolift id rather it be wesley than vedik win....I probably woudlnt strnagle wesley
Winn was always intended to be a character the auidence hated. The character I despised on that series was Ezri Dax.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
I probably woudlnt strnagle wesley
I think I would, I couldn't stand him throughout the series. You're right though, Winn was far from being the best DS9 character
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2011, 12:10 PM
winn (or more to the point the actress) did her job perfectly. you're meant to hate her. not in a love/hate way like dukat. with winn you are just meant to hate her. so i disagree with her being the worst character.

most hated then yes, she wins by a mile.

i agree that ezri was a weak character and was a poor substitute for jadzia.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Gonna have to go with Ezri, too. I wanted to like her, but she just seemed to be a weak character with little direction and a little whiny.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Garak said it best about Ezri;

'Look at you. You're pathetic! A confused child, trying to live up to a legacy left by her predecessors. You're not worthy of the name 'Dax'. I knew Jadzia. She was vital, alive, she owned herself; and you - you don't even know who you are. How dare you presume to help me? You can't even help yourself! - Now get out of here, before I say something unkind.'
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Urgh. I couldn't stand Sisko (more accurately Avery Brooks); his acting never failed to be completely OTT.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I thought the Erzi character was wonderfully done. She was supposed to possibly remind you of Jadzia at face value, although once you take a look beneath the surface it revealed the host plays a large part in what kind of person the joining results in.

Another Jadzia would have been boring.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Ezri Dax was unbelieveably awesome.

Vic Fontaine was far and away the worst and most annoying recurring character in DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
Urgh. I couldn't stand Sisko (more accurately Avery Brooks); his acting never failed to be completely OTT.
No actor/actress on Star Trek has or will ever hold a candle to Shatner when it comes to over the top acting. It's what made him great.