Lt. Commander
# 1 We love AGT
01-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello, I thought I'd make a thread where people who bought the All Good Things uniform pack could show off what they did with them. Personally I'm combining AGT shirts with TOS pants and boots. Well.... Only my liberated Borg chief engineer had a different idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2011, 04:41 PM
It looks bad, and you should feel bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Hello, I thought I'd make a thread where people who bought the All Good Things uniform pack could show off what they did with them. Personally I'm combining AGT shirts with TOS pants and boots. Well.... Only my liberated Borg chief engineer had a different idea.
That is a great use of it! I was surprised at the color changing options also
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2011, 05:32 PM
The AGT uniforms looked terrible I though. Right up there with the Seven of Nine catsuit or Troi's 'uniform'. The Motion Picture uniforms were better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Other than the rank pin bug mentioned in other threads, the uniform can look far better on our characters than they ever did in the shows. The costume, IMO, wasn't fitted well to the actors. Making them look frumpy and contributing to negative opinions when first mentioned for STO. The only exception, IMO, was Kate Mulgrew. We saw her wear it longer. So more time was given to the fit.

I'm happy to have costumed one of my crew entirely in this set. They feel more solidly a part of the 25th century setting than any of my others.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
The AGT uniforms looked terrible I though. Right up there with the Seven of Nine catsuit or Troi's 'uniform'. The Motion Picture uniforms were better.
In-game this is definitely true. There are still a lot of bugs in the AGT uniforms that need to be fixed. The rank pin(s) issues especially. Once they fix those issues, I will have more of an appreciation for them. The Motion Picture uniforms are by far the nicest and where Cryptic seems to have put in the most effort to create them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Only my liberated Borg chief engineer had a different idea.
That's funny, I'm using the same combination for my Andorian counselor - just with blue for gold, and minus the knife obviously.

Other than that I'm keeping it to the standard as shown in the various episodes. Feels great to wear a uniform befitting the time.

Oh, and I even have my Amlevian redshirt wear the cadet variant (picture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
The only exception, IMO, was Kate Mulgrew. We saw her wear it longer. So more time was given to the fit.
I thought it looked good on the younger people as well - granted, you didn't get to see them very long, but ... in general, I think the "bad reputation" of the AGT uniform is based mostly on the aging effects applied to the majority of its wearers, basically making people form a subconscious connection between "old guy" and the uniform, seeing the former more than the latter when looking at it.

Still hoping for the pip-fix as well, though ... *tap tap tap*
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Personally, I always preferred the combadge over the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
form a subconscious connection between "old guy" and the uniform,
theres nothing subconscious about it. it looks like how a 90 year old retiree would wear for a uniform. or if you slap some suspenders on them and collor the pants blue it looks like urkel
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
I like the combadge, the uniform not so much.

However, a variation of it seen in End Game (Voyager) I would love to have.

A coat version for Admirals with the colors inverted

Looks much, much better than the "pants up around my chest" version.