Lt. Commander
I've been playing STO since open beta. Then got the 1 year subscription (renews in March 2011). I would have to say in all it was really enjoyable. I have been looking forward to a new Star Trek game for a long time. I can't even express the disappointment I have found in STO over the last 3-4 months. So much I'm not even going to renew my subscription and want to cancel my current subscription.

I don't know who all is charge of programming or creating the various missions but they seriously need an kick in the butt. I'm going to narrow down me comments to the mission "The Cure". I have been at this same mission for over 3 months. I have been part of groups that have completed the mission several times over. For 3 months I've witnessed an entire group targeting a single Elite Tactical Drone and watching for several minutes as the health bar on the Elite doesn't even move. I've been witness to 2 characters with Bat Leth melee on a single Elite for a few minutes and the health never moved. I've watched the chat as people that have done this mission over and over have commented on how they never have seen all the issues like they are experiencing.

At one point I was thinking that perhaps I had a bugged mission so I dropped it. I waited a few days before picking the mission back. Went through the space mission all over again. Then find myself in a worse situation with the spawns and extreme over power of the borg Elite Tactical drones. There would not be enough space on the server hosting these forums to post up all the videos I have taken while recording the issues I see. Glichy things like suddenly being held and the closest borg drone is more than 10m away from me. Watching the HELD bar slowly go down then shoot back to full and it not even pass the halfway mark. Watching my weapons be ready to fire then suddenly they are going through the recharge counter as if they fired and they didn't fire not to mention absolutely no indication from the borg I was targeting even got hit by any weapons fire at the time. Seeing Borg drones standing in an open area firing on everyone in the party but no one can target the drone. Turrets wouldn't even target the drone.

I can understand having a challenge to the game and having to figure out a few puzzles here and there. Seriously.... Dealing with a glichy mission for 3 months is far more than I care to handle. I suppose once the devs have fixed this mission, I may return to STO. As for now... I'll just run around Earth Space Dock until my subscription expires in March.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2011, 12:53 PM
You go to the main STO page. Type in your username and password and click on "My Account." From there it's pretty straightforward.

Sorry to see you go!

All the best,
@samsa1979
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Can I have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2011, 02:02 PM
CAn i have.... oh, damn you beat me to it!
Closed Thread