Lt. Commander
# 1 Not worth the effort
01-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Playing B'Tran or Deferi mission as a single player on Elite is not worth the effort. The loot is basically the same as playing Normal and you have to fight much tougher enemies. Elite gives much better loot to teams than individual players, even though you fight just as hard regardless. It would be nice if STO would be fair to the people who play missions as individuals.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-Spock
Playing B'Tran or Deferi mission as a single player on Elite is not worth the effort. The loot is basically the same as playing Normal and you have to fight much tougher enemies. Elite gives much better loot to teams than individual players, even though you fight just as hard regardless. It would be nice if STO would be fair to the people who play missions as individuals.
Agreed and signed, I'm not expecting very rare stuff but some rare or at least uncommon mk XI stuff would be awesome here and there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2011, 02:35 PM
When you play on advanced or elite, the percentage to find rare gear does not increase dramatically.
In fact, on advanced it's only .1 percent more. Elite is .2 percent more chance to find rare items.
This percentage was documented way back when the difficulty adjustments were presented.
It's about the difficulty, not the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Hell when I play on advanced or elite I do it just so I feel challenged. The Normal rating at VA is something you could sleep thru without having much difficulty
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2011, 10:27 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Maybe your SPECIAL L stat is 10. Maybe his is 3. Ever think about that?

I never get drops either. Some people do.

Also...shooting a creature 7000 times so it will die just for the sake of calling it "elite" isn't so much elite as it is loaded with galactose.

That is to say...it is stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I agree. I actually get better item drops on normal. I realize this is just luck, but it shows how weak the drop rate increase is. Fix it or get rid of it. If you play a mission on Elite, etc. you should be rewarded for the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
I agree. The Defari missions tend to give better loot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I run advance for space combat because normal difficulty the fights are over before I can blink, and I captain a cruiser. Ground missions are fun too, til you hit the terminator dual wielding Death Stars. Just how quickly can I grab my ankles and kiss my rump goodbye? Most times I cant even get my pants down!

So on days I'm feeling sado, I force my bridge crew to beam down to planets with names like "No dinner and a movie !V" and "Rambo ain't got nothing on this !!!" for some...ummm fun. Otherwise we just do the spaces missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2011, 07:22 PM
There was a time when I played on Elite just for the 'challenge'... then I realized all it did was make things take longer.