Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I really just want to find out if for some reason I'm the only one with this problem, but lately (and I mean just the past couple of days), I've been going into Ground Missions in the B'Tran cluster, and been massively outmatched.
And by that I mean that my entire away team (all wearing Very Rare MKX Shields and Armor) is incapacitated within 60 seconds of engaging any enemy squad in a Ground Combat mission.

I kid you not.

I fire on the enemy, and their first returning volley completely knocks out my personal shield, their second takes my hit points down to less than half, and of course after that, I'm done for. My captain is on the ground within 15 seconds, as are my Tactical Support Red shirts.

Is this a bug? I had to double check that I hadn't for some strange reason taken off my shield and armor or something, but not, they are all still there. I don't understand it.

So please, if anyone else has this bug, let me know, or if its not a bug and I've somehow (despite the past six months playing this game) made some strange error.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 02:28 AM
What difficulty are you playing on currently?

It's known that the Advanced and Elite difficulties in B'tan are kinda borked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I noticed that the mirror universe people look different, have other designations and use different skills, but nothing else. Though i managed to die (for the first time with that toon) when i had to kill 5 sqads of nausicaans on a starbase. The last group had an elite raider and the raid leader, they instantly killed me, didnīt happen on normal difficulty before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2010, 02:41 AM
i've noticed it and thought it was me,now you've posted i must concur with you.
the old "beam down to the outpost and scan computer missions " that happen to have enemy in have got harder in the last few days.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2010, 03:49 AM
I have noticed this as well in 'normal' difficulty setting. I have ran two ground missions now with mob bosses that can 2 shot kill with dual pistols...
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon-73
I have noticed this as well in 'normal' difficulty setting. I have ran two ground missions now with mob bosses that can 2 shot kill with dual pistols...
Same on Elite setting...it's crazy how some mobs (normal not boss) can 1-2 shoot you like that, you don't even have the time to pop a hypospray or a shield generator before you are dead.

If the mobs are fine then Crypitc should really take a look at the dual pistols that they use because something is way off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm running on advanced, but like I said, its never been this nasty before. Now that you guys mention it, I think it has been the guys with dual pistols that are doing this, so far I don't think it's happened to me with enemies with different armament, though it happens so fast I can't be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been playing on advanced setting whenever solo since the difficulty slider was introduced (got tired of running into reman guard captains on elite ) and haven't had any problems on the ground until a few days ago.

The groups appear to be just a little bit bigger. But what really slays me is that they all seem to be spawning dual pistols (and I mean every last bastid from ensigns to the commanders, all at once) and rushing in all together firing insanely high damage bolt sprays which melt my entire away team in a matter of seconds.

Doing some prep before the fight like dropping mines, spreading my officers out, putting one of my sci guys off ot the side and on passive, popping smoke, etc. Helps to slow the pain train (we all melt one at a time instead of all at once). But the outcome tends to remain the same as I just flat out run out of cooldowns and quite often the BO's seem to either ignore the rally command (to get them to fallback and regroup behind cover), or just plain get stuck/blocked in by so many enemies crowding around thier focused on target at point blank range.

Thinking of switching my engy kit to bunker fab to plop a force field dome in a bottle neck to try and keep out of bolt spray range. Hopefully long enough to whittle off a few of the ensigns and drop incoming dps to a more manageable level.

But omg the pain....
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
I really just want to find out if for some reason I'm the only one with this problem, but lately (and I mean just the past couple of days), I've been going into Ground Missions in the B'Tran cluster, and been massively outmatched.
And by that I mean that my entire away team (all wearing Very Rare MKX Shields and Armor) is incapacitated within 60 seconds of engaging any enemy squad in a Ground Combat mission.

I kid you not.

I fire on the enemy, and their first returning volley completely knocks out my personal shield, their second takes my hit points down to less than half, and of course after that, I'm done for. My captain is on the ground within 15 seconds, as are my Tactical Support Red shirts.

Is this a bug? I had to double check that I hadn't for some strange reason taken off my shield and armor or something, but not, they are all still there. I don't understand it.

So please, if anyone else has this bug, let me know, or if its not a bug and I've somehow (despite the past six months playing this game) made some strange error.
On advanced level, my group runs into this all the time. There are groups that are the worst offenders, though I cannot remember their names. One group looks like Mexican Wrestlers while the other group looks human and wear olive green and khaki uniforms.

At normal difficulty level, I run into this on occasion from specific enemies. They rip right through my team and me. Once, at the beginning of the fight while still at full strength, one shot / one kill and I was out. That was one helluva crit. I've done it myself on occassion so it doesn't really surprise me that they have the ability to do it as well. Never happened before and hasn't happened since, though one shot shield stripping is a common occurrence.

Now...this isn't new in this game. I remember back at LT Tier 2, the Klingons were unbelievably powerful on the ground. I remember their favorite tactic being the gang rush with incredibly destructive dual disruptors pistols that stripped away my shields every bit as much as our new friends. The assault team, which always included the Swordmaster, was backed up by Full Auto Assault Disrptors which were just as destructive to shields and armor alike. And of course, the Swordmaster always came straight for me weapons blazing. Munitions Officers, Da'Ha Masters, Offricers, and Targ Handlers were all equally dangerous in their own way.

Recently, while developing a new character and playing at Advanced Level, I ran into a 5 man Klingon group who were blocking the hallway. I could not get past them to save my life. Their weapons killed me in a single salvo as well as my away team. I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. Every time the battle started, the end result was always the same...rapid death followed by a frustrated respawn, only to repeat the process.

I don't think it is a bug. Some enemies are more difficult to deal with than others. I merely had to adapt with Boff skills. Same applies here. I find EN Shield recharge 2, EN Weapons Malfunction, SCI Gravimetric Shift (root in place) and Medical Tricorder (I know...DUH) to be very effective when fighting groups like this. I also find it helpful to keep Hypo's and shield recharges on myself and my Boff's.

I've also taken to giving my Boff's their own close in survival skills for enemies like these who get in your face. For my TAC's, leg sweep and lunge. For my SCI's, Sonic Pulse. For my EN's, Reroute power to shields.

Not a perfect solution but an effective one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
On advanced level, my group runs into this all the time. There are groups that are the worst offenders, though I cannot remember their names. One group looks like Mexican Wrestlers while the other group looks human and wear olive green and khaki uniforms.

At normal difficulty level, I run into this on occasion from specific enemies. They rip right through my team and me. Once, at the beginning of the fight while still at full strength, one shot / one kill and I was out. That was one helluva crit. I've done it myself on occassion so it doesn't really surprise me that they have the ability to do it as well. Never happened before and hasn't happened since, though one shot shield stripping is a common occurrence.

Now...this isn't new in this game. I remember back at LT Tier 2, the Klingons were unbelievably powerful on the ground. I remember their favorite tactic being the gang rush with incredibly destructive dual disruptors pistols that stripped away my shields every bit as much as our new friends. The assault team, which always included the Swordmaster, was backed up by Full Auto Assault Disrptors which were just as destructive to shields and armor alike. And of course, the Swordmaster always came straight for me weapons blazing. Munitions Officers, Da'Ha Masters, Offricers, and Targ Handlers were all equally dangerous in their own way.

Recently, while developing a new character and playing at Advanced Level, I ran into a 5 man Klingon group who were blocking the hallway. I could not get past them to save my life. Their weapons killed me in a single salvo as well as my away team. I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. Every time the battle started, the end result was always the same...rapid death followed by a frustrated respawn, only to repeat the process.

I don't think it is a bug. Some enemies are more difficult to deal with than others. I merely had to adapt with Boff skills. Same applies here. I find EN Shield recharge 2, EN Weapons Malfunction, SCI Gravimetric Shift (root in place) and Medical Tricorder (I know...DUH) to be very effective when fighting groups like this. I also find it helpful to keep Hypo's and shield recharges on myself and my Boff's.

I've also taken to giving my Boff's their own close in survival skills for enemies like these who get in your face. For my TAC's, leg sweep and lunge. For my SCI's, Sonic Pulse. For my EN's, Reroute power to shields.

Not a perfect solution but an effective one.
I definitely use these kinds of tactics when going up against extremely difficult enemy groups, but again, for me, this is a recent phenomenon, and its happened all across the board. I usually have trouble against specific groups, or on particularly nasty ground combat missions that aren't part of Exploration missions, but now, any ground combat I take, is taking out my whole away team in less than a minute, something that never happens, even during nasty missions from D'Vak!