Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Base 24
10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Star base mission too hard. I don't get it. I know it's suppost to be challenging but not OVERWEALMING. I mean I'm doing great and then all the sudden 20 Klingons come out of know were and half of them jump on me. Then when you try to revive the federation guards they evaporate while your reviving them. I am constantly having to start at the starting point and try to push trough. Could you please tone it down a little?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2010, 01:05 PM
The goal of the base part of the mission is to complete each room quickly and keep moving on to the next room. If you stop or take too long the mobs will respawn on you so don't stand around looking for too long. The respawns are there for people who want to hunt Klinks for the ground accolade.

I've never found it too hard to do, and that's running it anywhere from +2 to -2. Did you have your difficulty slider turned up? Assuming you're around the mission level your squad of 5 shouldn't have too much trouble with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
i'm guessing you either have decent upgrades or was set on easy, soon as i get anywhere near any room i get over-run no matter what i do
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie42 View Post
i'm guessing you either have decent upgrades or was set on easy, soon as i get anywhere near any room i get over-run no matter what i do
If you follow any of my posts you'll see that I only play on Advanced - though occasionally I'll go to elite when teaming with some of my friends who prefer that setting. Of course I believe Fleet Actions, like STFs, auto-set to Normal Level for all who enter them. You can't do a Fleet Action on Advanced or Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 5 solo?
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
If my guess is wrong, pardon the tone. But really, you are doing a Fleet Action solo? That's not the purpose of Fleet Actions. They are some of the very few missions set up better for teaming. Not as difficult as an STF, but harder than any other PvE such as a deep space encounter, because of the sheer numbers involved.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I think he's talking about the part inside the starbase. At least, I hope he is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
I think he's talking about the part inside the starbase. At least, I hope he is.
Yeah. The OP's post was about the ground portion of the FA. I've done that solo many, many, many, many (11 alts at 1-3 times each), many times. I've never tried the ship portion of SB 24 solo. I did the Gorn space FA with only 1 other person, though.
Lt. Commander
# 8 oh ground!?!?
12-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah. The OP's post was about the ground portion of the FA. I've done that solo many, many, many, many (11 alts at 1-3 times each), many times. I've never tried the ship portion of SB 24 solo. I did the Gorn space FA with only 1 other person, though.
Wow that's awsome (no sarcasm). Despite the rate my TER chews sh*t up, even I wouldn't do Gorn Minefiled without most of my team. SB24 space is not so hard, but I wouldn't do that ground by myself either. A 5 against 1 scenario means I die, and I'm tactical with a full arsenal of MkX and MkXI weapons, including a purple MkX bat'leth.

I'll close with: fancy a space 1v1?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2010, 05:56 AM
[quote=genxcraig;3229056]SB24 space is not so hard, but I wouldn't do that ground by myself either. A 5 against 1 scenario means I die, and I'm tactical with a full arsenal of MkX and MkXI weapons, including a purple MkX bat'leth. []/quote]
SB 24 ground isn't that bad. You go in with your 4 BOs so it just feels like a well-populated mission.

Quote:
I'll close with: fancy a space 1v1?
Sorry. I don't PvP in STO. I do it in other games: ****, ***, WoW, etc, but I keep STO as my PvE experience.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-29-2010, 05:12 AM
hello and this area is interesting, first of all Trekkyfan is right in that this area is hard, as I am new to STO, the first time I arrived here at starbase 24, I thought oh this looks ok and easy, so I pushed full impulse, while on my way there like 10 Klingons battleships or something big decloaks above me, well I think they where BS's as my ship is only a little fart, and before I knew that they were klingons above me, I died like a turkey waiting for its delivery to the shops,, LOL, well I found after a long line of instadeaths that the best way to do this one is to follow the other ally ships and stay close and combine your faser arrays and torpedoes at the same enimies,

I think that the machanics of this part of the game is to join a fleet (work with others) like in the mission logs

now I am in the starbase, now time to kill the klingon dogs (lol) and oh yeah some Klingons..

anyways I am impressed with the STO world, very awesomage