Lt. Commander
# 122
01-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Guilty or Innocent?
Lt. Commander
# 123
01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
So I got a Star Trek Comic Collection to see what it was like. The first comic made me yell at the screen several times. Every dialogue box had an error that a 10 year old would've caught. I got about 6 pages in before I gave up in disgust. I'm going to skip ahead a few series to something more recent, but those first comics make my head hurt.

The last line I read before giving up went something like this:
-red shirts burst into the room-
"What's that?"
"Quiet, ensign! There's no time to ask questions! If we don't act fast, that cannibal plant will devour Captain Kirk and Mr Spock! Quickly men, shoot that plant with your laser pistols!"
*zap*
  1. If I wrote the text box for that, it would've read "F&@#!!" *ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP!!* Wayyyy too much time wasted in a fast-paced action moment.
  2. They're using phasers, not lasers. All the tech is wrong. They use "tv-radios" instead of communicators and such.
  3. It's a CARNIVOROUS plant, not a cannibal plant... unless they took time to scan it's diet and determined that it ate it's own species. That wouldn't surprise me, actually, since it took them so long to shoot the darn thing while it was eating the crew. I think they managed to save Mr Spock's left shoe, at least.

---end of rant---
Lt. Commander
# 124
01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
***ANNOUNCEMENT!***

The sour has chosen!
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Hort has been tempted by all the people talking in the 10f channel about CO. He might have to migrate over there to visit in the next week.....
HIde your secret bases now, damsels of destruction! :p
I'm sure you'll want to meet my sweet innocent superheroine....Chat knows who I'm talking about :p
Lt. Commander
# 126
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Momo is taking part in a 38 hour games development competition. No sleep, and much pain to be had =O
Lt. Commander
# 127
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Momo is taking part in a 38 hour games development competition. No sleep, and much pain to be had =O
And thus did momji and her crew deplete the entire world's supply of coffee and other caffine products.
Lt. Commander
# 128
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Hort has been tempted by all the people talking in the 10f channel about CO. He might have to migrate over there to visit in the next week.....
HIde your secret bases now, damsels of destruction! :p
To the Ravenzeppelin!

If I was a supervillain, I would totally travel around in a Zeppelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
And thus did momji and her crew deplete the entire world's supply of coffee and other caffine products.
Bunnies are quite funny after taking large amounts of sugar or caffeine. I gave Dusty, my previous rabbit, a pixie stick once. He was bolting around like crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 129
01-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
To the Ravenzeppelin!

If I was a supervillain, I would totally travel around in a Zeppelin.
That wouldn't happen to be a Lead Zeppelin, would it?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Bunnies are quite funny after taking large amounts of sugar or caffeine. I gave Dusty, my previous rabbit, a pixie stick once. He was bolting around like crazy.
Oh God, a real life Hammy!
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
If you can spot me, I will give you a cookie
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ggj11-...-games-academy