Lt. Commander
# 1 Aurora Fleet is Awesome
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm a 400 day Veteran who has gone through my share of Fleets. Let me tell you that since I've found Aurora Fleet, my gaming experience has evolved into something I never thought possible. I've gained so many friends and truly benefitted as a player/person from this Fleet. I've learned so much information in regards to this game that it has developed me into being a contribtuing factor into this game as a whole as well as the Fleet. They took the time to help me level my main and then my alts and taught me the different tools and techniques to conquer this game.

I would reccommend this Fleet without hesitation or reserve to any serious or casual player who is looking for "that Fleet" in STO. I'm so happy I stumbled upon them myself and I wouldn't be the player or person I am today because of it.

Thanks Aurora Fleet~

Locutus of Aurora~
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
400 days!!!! Man you are old.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Old!!
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I am indeed !! LoL.. I'm not sure that old qualifies as wise, but here's hoping ! lol.. JOIN THIS FLEET .. :-) Seriously ! Best thing ever.. :-D
Lt. Commander
# 4 Bump
02-23-2011, 07:17 AM
You got to check this fleet out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Herrod
I'm a 400 day Veteran who has gone through my share of Fleets. Let me tell you that since I've found Aurora Fleet, my gaming experience has evolved into something I never thought possible. I've gained so many friends and truly benefitted as a player/person from this Fleet. I've learned so much information in regards to this game that it has developed me into being a contribtuing factor into this game as a whole as well as the Fleet. They took the time to help me level my main and then my alts and taught me the different tools and techniques to conquer this game.

I would reccommend this Fleet without hesitation or reserve to any serious or casual player who is looking for "that Fleet" in STO. I'm so happy I stumbled upon them myself and I wouldn't be the player or person I am today because of it.

Thanks Aurora Fleet~

Locutus of Aurora~
You have me curious.
This is my first MMO. I'm also a 400 dayer but never did PVP or joined a fleet because I'm not sure about what the heck I'm doing. I never did Infected or the others scenarios because I get lost when trying to do tells?, communicate with others and stuff like. I can't type and play at the same time, to old I guess :-)
I have played all solo. I some times can't be online for a week or two at a time (real life issues).
I just started another toon, I thought maybe I should start from scratch. I didn't dump my Admiral yet though.
I would love to learn how to really play a MMO. I'm a older guy and am not speedy with a mouse and key board so, don't want to slow others down so I stayed away from Fleets, PVP etc.
How demanding are the fleets or other players in the fleets?
Yep, I'm curious about this and playing it as it was meant to be played. Guess I'm more a lurker style then aggressive. So what do ya think?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpThornton
You have me curious.
This is my first MMO. I'm also a 400 dayer but never did PVP or joined a fleet because I'm not sure about what the heck I'm doing. I never did Infected or the others scenarios because I get lost when trying to do tells?, communicate with others and stuff like. I can't type and play at the same time, to old I guess :-)
I have played all solo. I some times can't be online for a week or two at a time (real life issues).
I just started another toon, I thought maybe I should start from scratch. I didn't dump my Admiral yet though.
I would love to learn how to really play a MMO. I'm a older guy and am not speedy with a mouse and key board so, don't want to slow others down so I stayed away from Fleets, PVP etc.
How demanding are the fleets or other players in the fleets?
Yep, I'm curious about this and playing it as it was meant to be played. Guess I'm more a lurker style then aggressive. So what do ya think?
Try us out....you never know. I've been playing close to a year, and did it basically all solo. Then as all my "toons" were getting near rear adm, I knew some parts of the game you needed a consistent group of individuals to play with to really get through some of the missions quickly. I also hated PvP and concentrated on the other areas of play.

STO is big enough to allow a multitude of different styles to play it. I now do PvP regularly with the group, and they are getting this "old man" through the higher up have to have 5 players to play missions. I've bypassed the "role playing" side of the fleet, but there are many within it that do roleplay and can help you learn that side of the game.

As for being gone at a week's time, just as long as you are active who cares. If you get in a fleet with people with kids that's normal. The only thing AF requests is that you let them know when you aren't going to be able to play. RL happens, and without RL we all wouldn't be playing STO anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 04:20 AM
So Herrod .... what's holding you up? Haven't hit that 500 days yet?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerjrj View Post
Try us out....you never know. I've been playing close to a year, and did it basically all solo. Then as all my "toons" were getting near rear adm, I knew some parts of the game you needed a consistent group of individuals to play with to really get through some of the missions quickly. I also hated PvP and concentrated on the other areas of play.

STO is big enough to allow a multitude of different styles to play it. I now do PvP regularly with the group, and they are getting this "old man" through the higher up have to have 5 players to play missions. I've bypassed the "role playing" side of the fleet, but there are many within it that do roleplay and can help you learn that side of the game.

As for being gone at a week's time, just as long as you are active who cares. If you get in a fleet with people with kids that's normal. The only thing AF requests is that you let them know when you aren't going to be able to play. RL happens, and without RL we all wouldn't be playing STO anyways.
Hello,

I went to the Fleet web site and read through all the Fleet rules and description posts.
Some of the ranking levels and such seemed a little overwhelming, so many available.
I'm not sure that I understand the request for the fleet application.
Does the fleet require a applicant to create/write a role playing character or some form of bio?
Role playing is not my thing. I just want to casually group when I can with some good mature people, hopefully learn from them and give back to the community once I know enough to do so.
Honestly, I am wondering if I may be too causal to fit your fleet.
Not a negative at all but Aurora is very organized and portrays a sense of professionalism that I feel I may not meet. Playing for a year solo is one thing but you have a very tight organization and it seems almost daunting from the outside observation area so to speak.

Either way thank you for responding and I am still considering fleets at this time.
Sincerely, CPT
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Hey ho Thorton!

We take all types, not just hard core! We have casual gamers who show up for a few weeks and then are gone for six months before we see them again -- and we have the types that have played almost every day for at least a half hour since Beta. If what you are looking for is a chance to expand your play with team fighting or just share anecdotes and tips occasionally while you solo, we can accommodate your style. We are looking for friendly players, not pegs to in fit in slots.

I am not a RP'er myself, but I did enjoy the application process, which can give you a chance to show off some creativity if that's your style. If you look through some of the past applications (see Transporter Room Archive ) you will see that the amount of work people put into the application varies a lot. It is a hurdle, but not a high hurdle. You can get by with three sentences explaining who your toon is and why he joined Star Fleet, or you can make a long account of how your toon made it through the Star Fleet bureaucracy, alien invasion, planetary revolution and the religious disapproval of his mother to find himself in a bar with a recruiter for Aurora Fleet where he signed up after losing a bet. It's your choice how much thought you want to put into the application. Applications are filed in the Transporter Room forum.

If you have any more questions, always feel free to ask here, in our forum, by e-mail, or in-game.

Hope you will join us!

Amicus

PS At 47 they don't come much older than me in MMO's, but we have those types too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folcwin View Post
[color="LemonChiffon"]Hey ho Thorton!

We take all types, not just hard core!
PS At 47 they don't come much older than me in MMO's, but we have those types too.
Got ya beat by a long mile you young pup you

Thanks for the reply.