Lt. Commander
# 1 What I find amazing...
01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I joined this game at the very start, true...not as a lifetimer since I could not afford that, and at that point it was clear that Klingons where not done by any means. Ever since then I have heard time and time again that there will be great klingon patches etc thats going to "fix" klingons and bring them closer ot being a compeditive faction compared to the federation.

So after being so tired of the game due to lack of raids since no klingons where around to do it, I took a break...I come back about 8 months later only to find that the same discussions are still ongoing.

The devs still keeps saying "it will come".
The players still keeps nagging...
and the feds still keeps snickering that they get more

My question is...has anything really changed in 8 months? or is this some version of (insert your soap opera here) that you can miss for 2-3 years and not miss anything drastic...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Nobody cares about Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
We got bugged exploration clusters and fleet actions as well as 8 story missions to do and a crafting system. The latter is the best improvement IMO. PVP is worse. Compared to the Feds we still miss much, but DStahl said that we, as well as any other future factions, won't be on par to the Federation in content.

At least now I know where ST-O stands and I know how to treat the company and the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
*snicker* 10 char
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AveImperator
Nobody cares about Klingons.
Unless its against the fed idea of balance. Then the KDF comes under severe scrutiny and is displayed as the cheating, Dev loved *******s they think we are.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
You mean the 5% of Fed players who actually bother to PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Im a lifer and have been with the Klingons since the beginning

Over the months there have been alot of new missions added to the Klingons to bulk it out - it used to be almost exclusively PvP. I think Cryptic are doing a decent job with slowly adding content.

However none of us should be under any illusion. The Klingon Faction will never be on par with the federation faction, both in missions and content. One just has to look at the ratio of federation content release to klingon content release to see this. We Klingons may complain and grumble that the feds get tons more stuff but thats just the way it is. We are a sideshow.

And i dont think it will ever change. The only thing that i will complain about is feds trying to steal Klingon specific content (i.e Carriers). Feds youve got enough. Leave us be
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Definitely crap when people say that we lack content because so many more people are playing Fed. A big reason WHY people are playing Fed is because the KDF is a mere shadow of what the Feds have. It's real hard to attract more people to play a faction with 1/10th of the content and time spent on them compared to the other one. KDF might very well be intended to focus more on PvP but the Devs havnt done crap to develop that aspect of the game further yet either. SOOooo.....yea .
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I wade into this reluctantly because it seems like every time I open my mouth about this topic I tick someone off.

No we are not up to par with the Feds. Yes we are better off than we were at launch.

Now here is the thing I try to remind everyone of - this is a two faction game with the potential for at least 2 more factions. If the game is going to be a success it has to make all factions enjoyable and sustainable for players from now until the shutting off of the servers. The work is never done on the factions, this goes for the Feds as much as it does the KDF.

While content is needed across the board, what the KDF needs that the Federation has is an identity. The Federation has diplomacy (and yes that system needs expansion), but the KDF does not have a system like this. The weeklies will help to fill in the content gap, what cannot go unfilled is the lack of KDF identity. It is this lack of identity that keeps players out of the KDF. To make matters worse we were erroneously billed as the PvP faction, but any unique PvP experience we had was given to the Feds after the first month, so any slight sense of identity the KDF had at launch is now out the window. What we need is a House system and a Conquest system.

I'm sure someone is going to come in here and tell me that the KDF was never meant to be a full faction, so I'm going to say right now, that I'm going to ignore anyone who uses that argument because it is simply incorrect and uninformed. The reality is, as Dstahl posted in one of the states of the game posts

Quote:
In fact, the Klingon faction has had an identity crisis in STO since the first days of the project
The future of STO requires that all factions have a clearly defined identity. Both factions need some work in this regard, no doubt what so ever, but currently the KDF is in greater need.

I continue to support the game, I continue to give the company money as I bought all of the KDF ships in the C-store (save the B'rel refit after the post tribble nerf). I do not criticize the game because of some sense of vengeance or hatred for the devs, I criticize because it needs to be said that things need work because with work this game (and even the KDF faction) can be absolutely phenomenal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I wade into this reluctantly because it seems like every time I open my mouth about this topic I tick someone off.

No we are not up to par with the Feds. Yes we are better off than we were at launch.

Now here is the thing I try to remind everyone of - this is a two faction game with the potential for at least 2 more factions. If the game is going to be a success it has to make all factions enjoyable and sustainable for players from now until the shutting off of the servers. The work is never done on the factions, this goes for the Feds as much as it does the KDF.

While content is needed across the board, what the KDF needs that the Federation has is an identity. The Federation has diplomacy (and yes that system needs expansion), but the KDF does not have a system like this. The weeklies will help to fill in the content gap, what cannot go unfilled is the lack of KDF identity. It is this lack of identity that keeps players out of the KDF. To make matters worse we were erroneously billed as the PvP faction, but any unique PvP experience we had was given to the Feds after the first month, so any slight sense of identity the KDF had at launch is now out the window. What we need is a House system and a Conquest system.

I'm sure someone is going to come in here and tell me that the KDF was never meant to be a full faction, so I'm going to say right now, that I'm going to ignore anyone who uses that argument because it is simply incorrect and uninformed. The reality is, as Dstahl posted in one of the states of the game posts

The future of STO requires that all factions have a clearly defined identity. Both factions need some work in this regard, no doubt what so ever, but currently the KDF is in greater need.

I continue to support the game, I continue to give the company money as I bought all of the KDF ships in the C-store (save the B'rel refit after the post tribble nerf). I do not criticize the game because of some sense of vengeance or hatred for the devs, I criticize because it needs to be said that things need work because with work this game (and even the KDF faction) can be absolutely phenomenal.
Well said.
My only beef with the feds is the number of statements that claim we should accept our place as the minoirty without a fight, that we don't do "x", do do "x", have no scientist, that the Devs favor us over the feds, etc.

If I truelly believed the fed fanbase to be the "ego-centric" mass of people I sometimes claim them to be, I would not have bought the game. Though I am oftern puzzled by some of their actions.

The truth is the KDF is far better off than release and should not fear being left to die by the Devs any longer.
Closed Thread