2 Forward Quantum / Transphasic Launchers
4 Aft Photon Torpedo Launchers
2 Aft Quantum / Transphasic Torpedo Launchers
3 Rapid-Fire Phaser Defense Turrets

Adaptive Regenerative Shields
Tritanium Reinforced Ablative Armor
Redundant Warp Core and Shield Generators

History:

The Frontier Project was intiated on Dec 9th, 2390 with the intention of being Starfleets new deep space exploration starship that would eventually replace the Galaxy-class starships in exploration roles. The ship is equipped with the latest technologies that was brought back with the U.S.S Voyagers trek through the Delta quadrant, including the now proven Quantum Slipstream Drive that has been sucessfully tested with the U.S.S Aventine.

The Pathfinder: The Frontier-class retains the Galaxy-class ability to seperate the saucer and redock without the aid of a Starbase. The Pathfinder in addition has an independent warp drive and is capable of reaching Warp 7, which was a vast upgrade to the Galaxy's saucer. This compensated for the flaw of the Galaxy's saucer in escaping from pursuers at impulse speeds.

The Polaris: In addtion as her duties as the Captain's Yacht, the Polaris is also acts as a backup pathfinder to the Fontier during Quantum Slipstream operation if the Frontier's slipstream sensors are offline. This ensures the ships survival in extreme situations.

Unlike previous generations, the Polaris is docked behind the Bridge superstructure and is capable of speesd up to Warp 9+ for short durations.

Shuttlebays: The Frontier retains the Sovereign and Galaxy's main shuttlebay on the Saucer Bridge Superstructure, but instead of the traditional fantail shuttlebay, the secondary shuttlebays were relocated underneath the Secondary Hull, which acts as protection during hostilities.

Main Cargo Bay: The Frontier's main cargobay is located in the fantail of the starship, which is far more spacious than previous Federation Starships. The main cargobay is able to carry 10,000 souls during evacuation purposes, which accounts for nearly 1/3 of the Frontier's rescue capability.

Phaser Defense Turrets: Unlike previous Federation Starships, the Frontier is equipped with 3 new Phaser rapid-fire defense turrets. These were added shortly after the Enterprise-E's encounter with the new Romulan-Borg hybrid starships which uses projectile warheads instead of standard torpedoes and energy weaponry.

Dual Warp Cores: The Frontier-class has two warp cores, the main warp core in the center of the secondary hull and a second in the underside of the Pathfinder Saucer section. In combat situations, the Pathfinder's warp core is brought online and is able to supplement an additional 33% power to ships systems. This gives the Frontier-class additional protection and makes it a formidable combat vessel.

However, having the system online for extended purposes drains fuel at an increased rate, which can be a disadvantage in hostile space for long periods of time.

------------------------

And feel free to give input on my other designs from THIS Archived Thread. Let me know what you like or dislike.

EDIT: Photo Removed
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
its quite nice.

has a nice E to J feel about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Ooo. Very nice. Love the design aesthetic, and the specs you've given are both thorough and logical. Keep up the good work! ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you both. Its just the words I was hoping for.

Just for people's information, I'll be taking down this picture at the end of the contest, since this is now property of CBS. But I'm going to make the "Production" Ship, even better. And in 3D.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
It's certainly an entry I like better than most, especially as we are now Brothers in Arms Against Those Who Vote Down Ships...BAATWVDS? ...that'll need some work.

The only criticisms I would put forth are that it is really, really big, and that as a result the pylons look too small from the front/aft/profile to support the nacelles.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
snip

i give you kudos for keeping things like weapons in line with common trek numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Appricate it. I know some people like to put everything, even the kitchen sink in their designs. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
It's certainly an entry I like better than most, especially as we are now Brothers in Arms Against Those Who Vote Down Ships...BAATWVDS? ...that'll need some work.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
The only criticisms I would put forth are that it is really, really big, and that as a result the pylons look too small from the front/aft/profile to support the nacelles.
That's why she's an NX. Gotta find those faults before she enters service.

With the final version, the thickness will need to be increased by 1 or 2 meters more, than the current 4 meters thickness that is shared with the Sovereign and Galaxy. Also planning on installing an escape pod near the nacelle control room, because those crew members are quite in a bad situation during ship's evacuations.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I like the design. My only concern is that it almost seems too Sovereign-esk. However it seems to take a slightly more Roddenberry-esk classic round saucer design which I do like. My only suggestion is that I'd add a slightly more defined classic 'neck' to the ship.

Overall I give it about an 8 out of 10, nice work!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
I like the design. My only concern is that it almost seems too Sovereign-esk. However it seems to take a slightly more Roddenberry-esk classic round saucer design which I do like. My only suggestion is that I'd add a slightly more defined classic 'neck' to the ship.

Overall I give it about an 8 out of 10, nice work!
Thank you.

I'll be honest, I originally had the classic circular hull, but that made the Frontier wider than the Galaxy. And I figured that would leave quite a mess if someone wanted to dock inside ESD. :p

And yes, I agree shes more similar to the Sovereign that I liked. I had two routes, make her similar to the Typhoon or DJ Curtis's Century-class or try to stretch out the Sovereign and integrate elements of the J - the dual rear impulse drives, more sleeker pylons, and the enlongated secondary hull.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Hate to Necro, but its nice to have my design Runner-up in the Design the Next Enterprise contest.

But just a moment ago, Maverisms just shared with me the first 3D Model shots of my Frontier-Class and thought I share them with you:

3D Model of my Frontier-Class

I personally an thankful for Maverism and I hope everyone who likes this, to give him a hearty pat on the back for such great modeling work.

Just seeing her come to life, makes me hopeful that I'm among those that Cryptic hinted might make it's way into STO.