Lt. Commander
# 1 Is This really Good
01-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi, brand new player here. Just asking if this is as good as its reviews. Tried playing EVE but way to complicated and repetitive. Am a big Trekkie and thought i would give this a go. Is the community good? Hope to catch you all in game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Hey welcome

Well the game is one year old and continuosly improving. It´s a good game for casual playing. Try not to blast through the story too fast. Give yourself time. Enjoy the nice graphics and have fun. You´ll be at maximum lvl faster as you can think
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 06:18 AM
If you disliked Eve for its "nearer to being work" gameplay, then you will most likely find STO to be more casual.

Welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2011, 06:22 AM
thanks guys. Yeah would prefer something more casual so will see how it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2011, 06:36 AM
welcome to the game.

this is pretty much the opposite of eve. i hope you enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
welcome to the game.

this is pretty much the opposite of eve. i hope you enjoy it.
Hope so to, like i said am a total trekkie. For past 2 years i have been playing a FPS called Combat Arms and another game called Vindictus. But kinda got bored with them now and looking for something thats newer and has more potential to expand. My last Space MMO was Starport GE but was very basic.

I looked at this on it's release but thought i would wait and give it time to clear the main bugs and see how it progressed. Seems to have done well and from what i have read a good mature player base.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINAL-TAP View Post
Hope so to, like i said am a total trekkie. For past 2 years i have been playing a FPS called Combat Arms and another game called Vindictus. But kinda got bored with them now and looking for something thats newer and has more potential to expand. My last Space MMO was Starport GE but was very basic.

I looked at this on it's release but thought i would wait and give it time to clear the main bugs and see how it progressed. Seems to have done well and from what i have read a good mature player base.
You should have little issue playing PvP it sounds like. Like all PvP though there is a learning curve.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Depending upon which reviews you read...most of the reviews were from the early days of the game and a lot has improved since then. I would say it's much more casual than EVE and less complex. Although you said that EVE was repetitive. Well, this game is too...but what game isn't repetitive? If you think you will like, you most likely will. I'm having a blast.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2011, 10:18 AM
The game is great and it's improving all the time and the community is very friendly and helpful... for the most part. Of course, you have your jerks with any MMO but we have a fair share less than most.

Welcome to the stars. See you out there.

Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I like most aspects of the game, however it is a bit repetative. Many missions follow the same format, but if you let yourself get immersed in the game, you should be able to ignore those issues.