Lt. Commander
New Edit:

Poll

Option 1: Make the Ferengi Alliance it's own playable independent faction.

Sign here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/FerengiRaceSTO/

Option 2: Varias's suggestion: "A species-independent true neutral faction that is only a faction in the sense of gameplay mechanics, but does not represent a unified organization. Could be used to play smugglers, crafters, traders, pirates, mercenaries." Edit: This faction would include races from the Ferengi Alliance.

Sign here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...indtruneutrfac
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
You can play a Ferengi in STO or are you meaning as their own independant race outside of Starfleet?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
they were playable from day 1, 80 c-points, cheapest c-store race to
Lt. Commander
# 4
We already got ferengi for Starfleet. I think they can be Multifaction like Joined Trill. Quark held the sword of Kahless once too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
You can play a Ferengi in STO or are you meaning as their own independant race outside of Starfleet?
Sorry, I should have clarified that. I meant to ask, should they be added in as their own independent race outside of Starfleet?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
/notsigned . .
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm all for a Ferengi faction........ right after Romulans, Cardassians and possibly Dominion get their playable factions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
they were playable from day 1, 80 c-points, cheapest c-store race to
I misstated the question. Read it again please.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Sorry, I should have clarified that. I meant to ask, should they be added in as their own independent race outside of Starfleet?
In all honesty there are a little bit more 'important' factions to the Trek universe that should be added first(first and foremost romulans). The ferengi while a cool race, shouldn't be high on the priority list in terms of factions; IMHO. I understand everyone want to play their favorites, but importance should be given to the 'bigger players'(not STO players in this sense).

What would be better is if they just gave some 'unversal' ships to both main factions right now to represent the 'lesser importance' races.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I could potentially see them as being a faction along with the Cardassians (because they currently share a trade agreement) but it's highly doubtful we'll ever get to see them as their own faction. They have a pretty solid foundation going on with the Federation.
Closed Thread