Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I love the STFs and seeing assimilated starfleet officers lumbering around is quite a sinister sight. However I take exception to some of the wording used in the STF missions.

Firstly, one is not 'infected' by the Borg, one is 'assimilated'. Secondly, its not a nanovirus, but nano probes!

Its just a small thing, and I accept that you can't really change the name of the mission 'Infected' now, but it just makes me a little sad each time I see this. Just a little change of wording in some of the mission dialog would be awesome!

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Nanovirus is (reference: Unimatrix Zero), though it wasn't used in the same context.

Anyway, if you read the text in the normal Borg missions, it's actually covered somewhat. The Borg have started using a new, efficient method of assimilation that indiscriminately assimilates everything on an entire planet, not just the technology and sentient beings the Borg are actually interested in. Sounds a bit like the airborn assimilation system they had in Armada II.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
... anyways its only a game, and not considered canon. I find the less I think about these sort of things the more I enjoy the game for what it is .