Lt. Commander
# 11 My opinion
01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
No...don't come back yet. Wait 6 months or more if you do decide to.

Aint crap to do if you are max level and were burned out on pvp and or content.

Sector space looks nice I suppose but where the hell is the lighthous that keeps shining the light across space.........

pulsar shmulsar..........
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFihaley View Post
Ground combat is still a bit off. the kligons were a bit too strong and the Romulans are still weak. tey really need to find a balance.
Play with your difficulty slide and then run into a romulan mob with multiple healers. Good luck.

To the OP:

The featured series (Breen/Devidians) are pretty f'in good.
Playing on Tribble which already has over 100 UGC missions available is good.
Ground combat - still borked, but some fun can be had. Not a lot, but some.

Your bandwidth limitation: Amazon and several retailers have the game package CHEAP. Why not spend 10 or 15 bucks and then just download the patches? It'd be worth the 10 or 15 bucks to preserve your internet usage for the month, right?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksty
Hi guys,

I played this game at the beginning and loved it, got lifetime sub (which i still got of course), and was thinking about re-downloading it to give it another go as i had real fun in space combat, but ground felt a little unfinished.

What is the state now? Has there been any improvements to the ground combat system?

PS: please do not answer this post if all you can write is NO, IT SUCKS.... that is not helpful to me.

Reason i am asking is i have limited download limit, and this game will take half my monthly allowance before any patching etc.
when it comes to ground combat they are working on it and from what ive understood, season 4 (april) is going to concentrate alot on fixing ground combat.
with some new modes and tweaks on groups etc.

also, since you got life, you could just keep the game installed and logg in from time to time to check on it