Lt. Commander
# 1 New Player Introduction
01-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Well thought i'd better do the usual. so in a nutshell:

Am Rob (45) from England. Sci-Fi lover especially all ST related prgrammes and films. Have a fondness for the baddies. Gaming since i can remember.

Last games i played on-line in last 3 years or so are Starport GE (simple and fun), Combat Arms and Vindictus. Most time spent on Combat Arms as went through a FPS phase.

Been looking for a good space MMO and tried EVE but too much like hard work for me. Read reviews on STO and thought would give it a go. 2nd day and all impressions good. Community seems really good as well which is a major plus.

Very active player and forummer. I work nights alot and have PC and not much to do. Due to shift patterns am on at all different times of day but guaranteed everyday as i dedicate game time to one game only.

Not much else to add, just hope to see you all in game and anyone wanna add me feel free. My IGN is Ace Rimmer (and we all know who he is, don't we?)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2011, 05:09 AM
hello my fellow countryman.

ma i be the first to say 'smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast'.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
hello my fellow country man.

ma i be the first to say 'smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast'.
Thanks alot mate. Just don't quote me any space corp directives.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINAL-TAP View Post
Not much else to add, just hope to see you all in game and anyone wanna add me feel free. My IGN is Ace Rimmer (and we all know who he is, don't we?)
Sooooo... Free for all to send various insults?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2011, 06:14 AM
In compliance with Space Corp Directive 349, "Any officer found to have been slaughtered and replaced by a shape-changing chameleonic life form shall forfeit all pension rights"; I'm afraid I'll have to put you into the scanner.

Also directive 196156, "Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise bicycle in the women's gym will be discharged without trial."
Lt. Commander
# 6 Welcome Chuck
01-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Can I call you chuck? Ok how bout Frank?

Ya see frank, there is this one time nominal fee for 10 Forward membership that entails you beaming to Chat's bridge in a flesh colored onesie unitard and doing the Kahn emote once every 15 seconds for 5 minutes...or however long a go down fighting cooldown is....

Then and only then, will we redicule you into a straight jacket padded party room located in Hort's basement.

Capt. Zero, Arch, and Revo will hold tours......and small bratty children will poke you with a stick and giggle while they rub greasy kids stuff in yer eyes.

Once yer week of warped hazing is over, you will be given a starship of enourmous proportions...Your most dangerous mission is to scan 5 of everything until the graphics send you into a seizure.....

Then and only then.......will you be as totally nutts as i am..........besides it's someone elses turn to get poked with a stick in Hort's basement..............Can I come out of the cage now? Come on guys......I'll behave I swear!

<sigh> thats the last time I steal Hort's fruit loops............

Seriously....in 10F leave yer sanity at the door......and yer shoes....new carpet and all.

Welcome to the game! Can't wait to meet ya in game! (don't pay attention to the wandering eye.....its from years of spouse abuse)

Smooches !
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Yes, but what's his opinion of bacon?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
*nods and mutters approvingly at the question*
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
And for that matter, how does he feel about the new plastic bumpers on clown cars.........they don't use airbags now ya know!

Yes Yes.....your thoughts on Bacon covered plastic clown cars...........