Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship look Hmmm
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey all, i wanted to point out the fact that when one is in warp, you see light trails from both the warp engines and the impulse engines... wait if i am in warp wouldn't the only engines running be the warp? i think the ships for both factions need to have it so, when in warp the only light trails one sees are the warp nacels. then when out of ward all you see in the impulse engine trails, i think this would make a huge impact on how amazing all the ships look.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I can tell you this has been asked for since closed beta
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
welll then we need to ask again and again till it happens.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2011, 07:28 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, but I think your sense of urgency is slightly misguided. This is one of those things the devs are aware of, agree with, and want to do, it's just a matter of getting around to it.

Right now, they're working on the next weekly series, the Delta Flyer, the Ground Combat revamp, the Captains Yacht, uniform issues, the Foundry, stability issues in the client, the Vulcan and Andorian ships..

There's just a whole bunch of other more important things they're working on right now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
in the movie where the enterprise is running from the excelsior you can clearly see impulse trails as well. I think they were just trying to hark back to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj178APgdno
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Well, more like a light trail really - when the ship jumps to warp it seems as if everything emitting a glow produces a trail.

That said, I think this thread should be merged with this one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I suspect all engine trails are defined by the same variables.

For them to be differentiated, there would have to be a flag associated with each type of engine trail, so they could be toggled by game state and/or player configuration.

I don't know if Cryptic is willing to go through that, and risk attendant code drift, just for this little thing.

Though, it would be nice. I don't like having engine trails at all.