Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannons
you guys are missing the point when you start out as a new toon you have nothing and you can't purchase nothing for nothing. they took out the economy base for any one even starting out and drops by far do not give you anything near what you need to make. on the new toon i created i have been endlessly banging missions and getting squat for it. and i dun know about you but fruitless fights are useless with out getting some form of payment you can use to actually buy something with. they could have simply lowered the EC you get from missions but no they took it completely away which makes no sense.

If cryptic wants this game to live longer then its patent date they really gota get off there behinds and do something smart for a change and all i have seen is stupid moves every time they make something else.
You can earn badges from exploration missions and PvP matches to get good uncommon gear. You don't need EC for gear at low levels or for high level gear for that matter.
In fact the difference in the stats between common, uncommon and rare gear is not worth the difference in price you see on the exchange most of the time.
Heck just selling your drops for half price to a vendor will give you plenty of EC after a level or two.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Really? They used to award EC for completing missions? I've been playing for 300 days and dont ever recal being awarded EC? I have recieved drops that I have sold to build up my cash and used crafting to build up EC. I am not sure who this realy encourages fleet theft?
^This. Missions have never rewarded energy credits, all the way back to the closed beta. The only way to get ECs from missions is to sell or recycle the items dropped and/or mission rewards (if they aren't bind on pickup).

PvP may reward ECs, but the PvE missions and episodes have never rewarded ECs, only skill points (both captain and bridge officers), merits/honor, and (most of the time) particular mission reward(s).
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh good I thought I was going crazy :p I can;t stand games where the objective is to shoot arrows at mobs that poop gold.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Oh good I thought I was going crazy :p I can;t stand games where the objective is to shoot arrows at mobs that poop gold.
You gave me a mental image of that South Park episode where Cartman ate all that 'pirate treasure.'

But, yeah, you're not going crazy, heh. ECs have never been rewarded for completing missions. I remember thinking that I couldn't buy jack when my first character was a Lieutenant (until I ran some missions and sold off some of the items, that is).

Of course, now, I don't really worry about ECs, and I've never really even used the Exchange to sell things (I sold some of my particle traces when they became unbound, and everyone was going mad for them, lol), just selling drop items back to vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, what is the use for EC today?

I have aprox 98.5 Milll (Shhhh) in my bank atm and am saving up to purchase that Small Moon I always wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Just to make it stick, EC was never awarded for PvE missions.

For constructive purposes, deflectors, engines and shields are worth the most EC's. If you have a choice, those earn you the fastest coin.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
well i must be nuts cause i remember missions giving out EC's it was how i worked my Klingon pockets up so much while killing the feds i never got into pvp much as back then it was practically nonexistent and still is close to that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
The topic of this is just nuts I started STO a week ago and day 2 I had 3 million EC from selling data samples so if you can't make EC then stop playing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Yeah, what is the use for EC today?

I have aprox 98.5 Milll (Shhhh) in my bank atm and am saving up to purchase that Small Moon I always wanted.
Look at the Exchange and buy you one of those snazzy Bridge Officers with Auxillary to Structural Integrity 3 or Transfer Shield Strenth 3.

Bonus points if you do it on the Klingon side.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2011, 02:09 AM
5 pvp encounters = approximately 100,000 EC. Problem Solved.