Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Sounds interesting. I was hoping Catwoman would "return" in this version of Batman.

I don't know much about Bane, not being a follower of the comics, but according to Wikipedia, he was originally set up as some kind of "Anti-Batman". Similar if not better physical and mental prowess. That sounds like a good villain to me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Let me guess at the plot...

Bane breaks Batman's back. He leaves crimefighting for a while to heal and stuff. Then he... RETURNS!

Oh, and Catwoman is there to as a thief who helps Batman towards the end.

THE END!

I don't know why they don't just hire ME to write this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
[quote=The_Dogman]So for anyone who cares, its been announced that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Tom Hardy will be Bane in the (stupidly named) Dark Knight Returns.
[quote]

AOL is saying it's called "The Dark Knight Rises".

AOL is known for saying a lot of things though.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Kim
AOL is saying it's called "The Dark Knight Rises".

AOL is known for saying a lot of things though.....
My apologies, it is called The Dark Knight Rises. Sorry, I got it confused with a title that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Let me guess at the plot...

Bane breaks Batman's back. He leaves crimefighting for a while to heal and stuff. Then he... RETURNS!

Oh, and Catwoman is there to as a thief who helps Batman towards the end.

THE END!

I don't know why they don't just hire ME to write this stuff.
I highly doubt Nolan would try and adapt the entire Knightfall saga into a 2 hour movie, or aspects of it. Considering this is his and Christian Bale's last Batman movie, i doubt any of them want to end the movie on a downer kind of like the last movie**. If they'd do the Knightfall saga right, the movie should END with Batman having his back broken. Though, again in Nolan's semi realistic universe I doubt Batman would be able to recover from having his spine snapped in two. The movie will probably be Bane doing something to spurn Batman back from the shadows since he's probably running from the cops.

If people want a Knightfall movie, they should just play this in theaters.

**-The end of The Dark Knight really isnt a downer, just a case of really crappy writing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
It makes me wonder how the Catwoman costume will look, especially since the character has gone through so many. Although it will undoubtedly be a cat suit - definately a change of outfits for Anne Hathaway.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
It makes me wonder how the Catwoman costume will look, especially since the character has gone through so many. Although it will undoubtedly be a cat suit - definately a change of outfits for Anne Hathaway.
So long as it doesn't involve Halle Berry:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327554/

NO, NO, NO....
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I hope the keep it nice and dark.... and not add 'sugar' in an attempt to attract a younger audience. We all remember George Clooney and Arnie right "A freeeeze is coming"
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
So for anyone who cares, its been announced that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Tom Hardy will be Bane in the (stupidly named) Dark Knight Returns.

What does this have to do with Star Trek? Well, Tom Hardy is in it which means...

BATMAN WILL FIGHT CRAZY EVIL CLONE JEAN-LUC PICARD

EDIT: LINK
Haha I was watching Batman Forever for a few min of G4 and a random "This just in" message popped up on the bottom of the screen saying this :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
THAT'S WHAT YOU SLIPPED IN, THAT'S WHAT WAS ON YOUR SHOE, AND THAT EXPLAINS THE ABRASION ON YOUR PALM!
MAN I'M GOOD! CAN YOU FEEL THAT! CAN YOU FEEL IT, CAPTAIN COMPOST!

Tom Hardy looks a little small to play Bane though. It reminds me of the guy that played Venom in Spiderman 3.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Catwoman is not that much of a surprise. Considering that we've had the Joker, it was bound to happen that one of the other "classics" - Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman - would show up. Penquin was already confirmed to never appear, and Riddler had been mere speculation up to this point. Combined the last announcement that seemed to confirm that there would be a female "villianess," Catwoman was the most likely choice.

Bane is a surprise though, considering that his schtick (pumping himself up with steroidal "venom") is borderline unrealistic. However, if the writers stick to Bane's origins as a "genius bruiser," not the dumb muscle of "Batman and Robin," I think he'll do okay.

Of course, being the skeptic I am, I do want to see an article on this.
They could probably keep the super steroid "Venom" in but not have it alter his physical appearance as dramatically as it does in other media. They did keep Scarecrow's weaponized fear toxin for both "Batman Begins" (and the rather sci-fi WayneTech device to disperse it) and "The Dark Knight," so I don't see a major problem with the "Venom" drug.