Lt. Commander
# 91
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I bought the LTS the first day it was offered. I have never regretted that decision.

I highly recommend it for those who can swing the purchase price. The game is only gonna get better in the next 16 months.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
I forget how much i paid. I believe it was 240$

I look at it like movies. I will probably (and have probably) see 12 movies with my wife over the past (and next) year. That is actually more expensive than STOs LT sub.

If you paid to see around 24 movies over a two year period youd see 2 movies a month and get roughly 50 total hours of entertainment spread out over two years.

I got 50 hours of entertainment from STO just in the time it took to hit rear admiral.

I got my moneys worth inside of the first three days from my LT sub.

LT subs in general are the best value in any form of entertainment if you can save in advance and pay that one time fee.

Well, if its not Champions online its the best value. I still regret my CO LT sub because after about 25 hours of gameplay the rest was grinding through content which I am sure I cpuld have out done given the same time and tools the CO original dev team was given.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolarter View Post
Just don't jump off the cliff just because everyone else is doing it......
No offense, but if someone has $240 to throw around and wants to buy a lifetime sub simply because 'everyone else is doing it,' I somehow think that your posts won't really sway them from doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Only thing I'm projecting is look before you leap.... Do I really care how people spend their money...nope
I just remember back. when life sub;s closed beta garbage, then the life sub's funds returns 2 weeks after game launch...garbage on the forums ..
So if I'm the lone voice in the darkness saying .... hey step back from the hype of the sale and look at this game as it is right now and with whats coming down the road in games in the hear future is that what you really want to do.....
If the answer is yes great ... if the answer is no great... Just don't jump off the cliff just because everyone else is doing it......
Yup I jumped on the band wagon and went through the crap everybody went throug at the very start. I STILL think its worth it! Cause first its Star Trek, and second the devs are tight with the community here and you dont get a lot of that in the gaming industry. Thats worth the $$$ im paying for. So no regrets here. AND after the second year, i play for freeeeeee. But some perks for us oldies LTS would be nice tho hehe. Just sayin.
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Good for you guys.. glad your happy with it..
Myself I run a monthly sub for two months Do all the missions, updates play some PVP.. then when I get tired with it put it down for two months.. then when i get board and there is new content I play some more..
Really why should I get a life sub and be tied to this game and have to play it so many hours per week so i can say I got a deal.
I got all rare and very rare items for my toons and my ship's. they are max crafters and have enough Ec to buy a moon..lol really how much Energy credits and GPL do you really need.
Most of the players have 3 to 7 toons done and doing the dailies waiting for new content... Its not like if my sub is closed I lose my toons and everything..
what 300 day vet you get fireworks... wow.....
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krako View Post
I bought the LTS the first day it was offered. I have never regretted that decision.

I highly recommend it for those who can swing the purchase price. The game is only gonna get better in the next 16 months.
Haven't regretted it either. The game is improving, Cryptic has been more open to their customers than many other mmo companies ever have or will be, and by my own observations it seems that subscriptions are improving steadily. (Mostly noticing more people flying around in deep space encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
wow... can't even believe this.. people wanting to buy life subs for some eye candy perks..
After everything cryptic and atari did to the pre launch life sub members.
If you guys want to pay them for life sub with the new games coming out this spring and getting no discount in the c- store for items old and future content.. go right ahead buyers beware...lol
look at what your getting And see if a life sub is a good deal.
Lets look at these things.. a retail copy of STO is what $20.00 now.. Compare other mmo titles that have been out same amount of time..
champions is free to play game now, used STO beta access if you bought champions life sub.. That some people never got.
Still fixing bugs that should have been fixed before release. (mission content, ground resources locked in texture mesh, list goes on and on...)
Still no third faction..
Still no personal ship interior content or interaction other than eye candy
still no real substance social grouping activities at bars, clubs ect..
ground combat system needs reworked.
space combat still needs alot of work.
server lag issues..
server disconnect issues.
I could go on and on.. but you get the idea.

So do you think a life sub now is the best use of your money when 4 months to 1 year STO might be a free to play or worse...
Just food for thought....

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
I bought the retail version of the game for $9.99 at Target. Target always has decent deals for games, especially with certain companies. It might be around $20.00 somewhere else, but the best bet is to always find the cheapest place that is selling the game you want.

I'm planning on buying the l.t. subscription during this sale and not specifically because of the additional perks, but because I dislike having to pay monthly fees. The extra perks for being a l.t. subscriber, is just extra and I'm sure the current l.t. benefits will be updated eventually. If you look at the page for it mentions that more benefits are coming.

And not to mention, I really enjoy the game...it's a game that I see myself playing for as long as it's around. I like having the option to purchase the l.t., because if somewhere along the lines I decide I want to take a break, I can. And I can pick it back up whenever I choose, until the game ceases to exist.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Myself I run a monthly sub for two months Do all the missions, updates play some PVP.. then when I get tired with it put it down for two months.. then when i get board and there is new content I play some more..
Really why should I get a life sub and be tied to this game and have to play it so many hours per week so i can say I got a deal.
I got all rare and very rare items for my toons and my ship's. they are max crafters and have enough Ec to buy a moon..lol really how much Energy credits and GPL do you really need.
Most of the players have 3 to 7 toons done and doing the dailies waiting for new content... Its not like if my sub is closed I lose my toons and everything..
I get the feeling your realy disapointed with the game. I suggest you do not buy a life time subscription then. I'm loving this game and the direction its heading, and dont regret buying my LT sub.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
I think you have it the other way around...If I buy a month or two worth of subscription time, I feel like I need to play it everyday as much as possible. But if I had a l.t. subscription, I don't have to worry about feeling like I have to get my money's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDream
I think you have it the other way around...If I buy a month or two worth of subscription time, I feel like I need to play it everyday as much as possible. But if I had a l.t. subscription, I don't have to worry about feeling like I have to get my money's worth.
^This. You hit the nail on the head
Closed Thread