Lt. Commander
# 141
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawby View Post
If Champion's Online will be Free for All, why would anyone pay for a lifetime subscription? What advantage would one have over the players who play for free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec View Post
Exactly!
or i dont get it...
please explain to me.
from what i understand - lifers for CO get a monthly Cstore allowance as well as full access to content.

whereas FTP players get no Cstore allowance and limited access...

this is from what i have read, and not a direct quote from anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
from what i understand - lifers for CO get a monthly Cstore allowance as well as full access to content.

whereas FTP players get no Cstore allowance and limited access...

this is from what i have read, and not a direct quote from anyone.

K
thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-20-2011, 08:25 AM
i think i'm gonna buy it when the discount comes in, only 2 things bother me;

F2P, i know there are no plans and lifers would get better stuff than free'ers but still it bothers me

and if there are more lifers dosent that mean the life of the game is shorter, because once you have it for 2 years cryptic is kind of loosing money on the deal, so in 3 years i can see every thing as c-store. (i.e. you want a borg tactical cube, no problem just give us the money)
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
I got a pay rise today linked with doing an overall good job and an extra personal contribution to my team). Shame that actually I'd have got more if I had been promoted in October but didn't because of such an insignificant point they couldn't really defend themselves when I questioned their reasoning but the decision stood and now have to wait until May to try again. Still I'm lucky for getting the increase when a lot of people haven't or worse and lucky I could afford the preorder LTS.
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawby View Post
If Champion's Online will be Free for All, why would anyone pay for a lifetime subscription? What advantage would one have over the players who play for free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec View Post
Exactly!
or i dont get it...
please explain to me.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i think i'm gonna buy it when the discount comes in, only 2 things bother me;

F2P, i know there are no plans and lifers would get better stuff than free'ers but still it bothers me

and if there are more lifers dosent that mean the life of the game is shorter, because once you have it for 2 years cryptic is kind of loosing money on the deal, so in 3 years i can see every thing as c-store. (i.e. you want a borg tactical cube, no problem just give us the money)
Think of it this way. If STO went F2P, things like feature episodes, and 90% of seasonal content wouldn't be available to the non-subscribers. New factions wouldn't be playable by F2P players, no veteran reward perks, etc. You'd essentially have the open beta for the F2P playerbase and that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 147
01-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Think of it this way. If STO went F2P, things like feature episodes, and 90% of seasonal content wouldn't be available to the non-subscribers. New factions wouldn't be playable by F2P players, no veteran reward perks, etc. You'd essentially have the open beta for the F2P playerbase and that's all.
You couldnt be more wrong if you tried. If you actually look at how Champs system works, MOST of the content is available to free players. However, key elements which people may want are not. In addition, monthly subscribers get a free amount of Cryptic points every month to spend in the store.

Though we cant say exactly how it would work with STO, it would likely be very similar to Champs. Free players would get access to most content, but probably wouldnt have as many uniform and ship options, and probably wouldnt be able to create missions in the Foundry.

Either way you cut it, your statement I highlighted above is most definitely wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 148
01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%! The sale starts January 25 at 6 a.m. Pacific and ends February 4 at 10 a.m. Pacific. This means players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All or Star Trek Online for just $239.99!

Link to the news article.
I bought a lifetime subscription a few weeks ago at the full price, can I might see some sort of c store
credit? Pretty please?
Lt. Commander
# 149
01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Ah great, I just bought an LTS for my gurlfriend a week ago and now they announce a 20% drup of price for 25th ... thanks. :p
Lt. Commander
# 150
01-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Ah great, I just bought an LTS for my gurlfriend a week ago and now they announce a 20% drup of price for 25th ... thanks. :p
No kidding! I would have waited a few weeks to get it at the sale price!
Closed Thread