Lt. Commander
# 181
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
In this case, we wanted to make sure anyone considering a LTS knew about the sale as soon as possible. So, we announced it before we had all of the details worked out, with the intent of getting those additional numbers out as quickly as possible.

Why?

Well, we wanted to make sure anyone considering a $300 (USD) purchase knew that we'd be offering it for a fairly substantial discount as soon as possible. Despite the occasional bout of popular opinion to the contrary, we really do like you guys, and think of you fondly quite often.

Thanks,

Stormshade
It doesn't matter what you do Stormy, someone will always complain about something. If you released this news 1 month earlier, people would still complain that they missed out somehow. I dont envy your job. Man you must have the skin of a Klingon! :p
Lt. Commander
# 182 What about the old Lifers?
01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
It seems more and more, the old lifetime subscribers are being ignored. You gave us the benefits of a private base, Borg characters, and a 'cool forum title' and said that more is on its way. Will there be more? once 400 veteran days are up, the only difference between us and and everyone else will be if nanoprobes flow through their veins. And lots of us Lifetimers don't use the Borg characters anyway. I just hope some consideration for your loyal members will be shown in Season 4 perhaps? I love STo none the less, but like I said, i'm still looking, for the 'more to come!'
Lt. Commander
# 183
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
YES!!! SWEET!!! Now I have a better chance of actually being able to afford the lifetime subscription
Lt. Commander
# 184
01-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice to have a sale. $299 is a lot of money. This sale though forces me to believe that they are anticipating that STO is more than likely going to go FTP. Which is awesome because I can totally enjoy this game, even with the lack of content that you would get with a lifetime or paid subscription. Although, if they would set a lifetime subscription price to something affordable and justifiable, say $100 to a max of $150. I would most definately sign up with no hesitation. Great game, great players.....good times.
The only flaw is the greed of executive decisions. What else is new........
Lt. Commander
# 185
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah I kicked myself for not getting Lifetime back at beta/pre-sale. I did get the year sub, so will get this one for sure this time around!!! It's like going thru the Guardian of Forever and getting a second chance! lol And lucky me, my next Payday is the 1st!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Nick_Archer
It seems more and more, the old lifetime subscribers are being ignored. You gave us the benefits of a private base, Borg characters, and a 'cool forum title' and said that more is on its way.
They said more free stuff was on the way? Really?

Please provide a link to where a Cryptic employee said that.

Look, you got a lifetime subscription. You didn't purchase a "lifetime free swag ticket." Having a lifetime subscription does not entitle you to a ton of free stuff for life. It means only that you won't have to pay for your subscription for life.

You purchased your subscription for life and that's what you're getting. You want more stuff then cough up more money. Welcome to planet Earth. I kinda like it here.
Lt. Commander
# 187
01-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Look, you got a lifetime subscription. You didn't purchase a "lifetime free swag ticket." Having a lifetime subscription does not entitle you to a ton of free stuff for life. It means only that you won't have to pay for your subscription for life.

You purchased your subscription for life and that's what you're getting. You want more stuff then cough up more money. Welcome to planet Earth. I kinda like it here.
Actually, they did. Go spend your time and search for the info, these requests to prove it is annoying and even when we post the answer, someone backs out.

This LTS sale proves one thing = this game is going F2P and they want your cash before it happens.
Lt. Commander
# 188
01-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

On the LTS page it says 'more to come'. What that is and how exclusive for how long really depends on Cryptic. Whatever happens I'm happy with what I got and my LTS and the rest is a bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 189
01-21-2011, 04:47 AM
I knew there would be tons of "what about those of us who already bought it" people when I saw this, lol. I think it's great (as a LTS since pre-launch), since it will help build the community with persistent players, people that are sure to be around for the long haul. And for those who complain, consider the sale price is (practically) the same price as it was before launch, so you didn't pay more... plus technically you paid the same ammount for an additional year of gameplay as well, since both accounts will end up with the same end date (when that day comes). For those that bought after launch, yes they are paying less durring the sale - just like your cell phone companies put out sales that current customers can't benifit from. It's a technique for getting more customers, deal with it.

Then there are the posts about it being too high, I really liked the one about an installment plan, lol. Personally I'm looking forward to Champs Free for All and what it means for my CPoints, since they will be giving a Cryptic Point stipend for subscribers/Lifers (and those CPs can go towards STO, for example).

You know, writing this made me think, how much would a lifetime cell phone plan have to cost.....
Lt. Commander
# 190
01-21-2011, 05:14 AM
I've changed my mind I'm going to go for it.

If actions speak louder that words, devs, this is what I think or STO.
Closed Thread