Lt. Commander
# 201
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
if i could afford the life time sub i would definatly buy one. after testing and seing what can be done with the foundry on tribble. i can see that this game will only get better.
Lt. Commander
# 202
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Man, bad timing. I've gotta get me a 3DS for $250.
Lt. Commander
# 203
01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I have mine and I don't regret it at all. If you are "on the fence" and you like the game, my advice is, go for it.
Lt. Commander
# 204
01-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, we can always get the LTS and then.... "give" it to someone else if we decide to stop playing. And if that person decides they like the game, maybe they will trade another LTS to another MMO or something like that. Since we are allowed to trade digital items like we can buy digital items from the C-Store, right? Besides, some of you touched on it, but, having more LTS means they will have to make money some other way, which is where the influx of must have C-store items. The LTS will kill this game, and it will kill those at the end of the year, when it goes f2p.
Lt. Commander
# 205
01-21-2011, 10:09 PM
This is probably my first post here on the boards, so please forgive my 'newbie' status for the boards.

First off, I saw alot of folks bashing the sale. I really appreciated the application of "Black Friday" sales and the request for refunds. I'd imagine there's a video somewhere on youtube that shows how something like that would go... Unless I'm mistaken, and I hope I am, so as to avoid a backlash, the store employees would look at someone like they were crazy.

As for the prestige from being on at the start as a lifetime member? I will say, and I mean no disrespect by this, but it sounds like folks are complaining because someone else got the same thing the complainer has, and has worked for it, when perhaps the person who is now getting it never even knew about it being available and/or being anywhere close to affording it when it first came out. That is certainly true of me, as I didn't even find out about STO a few months AFTER it launched, and it was even longer until I could actually afford to get the full-version. I played the heck out of the demo at the time, though, until I could get the full-version. I think I found out about it in March-April 2010, and got it near the middle of June 2010, and went the game card route.

The next-best analogy I can think of would be a child who has had a toy that they adored when they first got it and quite bitterly refused to share said toy because of a sense of being able to say "Look at what I got, and you can't have it!". Then they see a younger child get the same toy, brand new, some time later. The older child then gets upset and wants to take that new toy from the younger child. Now, maybe I'm missing some very major pieces of the puzzle here, and I'll freely admit that, but that's the impression I'm getting from reading the majority of the posts so far with folks talking about how they were life-time subscribers from the get-go AND being mad about this sale. My request there is simple and as polite as I can put it: "Stop squabbling like little kids, please."

Please stop trying to dissuade folks who genuinely enjoy playing STO from taking advantage of sales just because of so-called "prestige envy" for lack of a better way to express it. If someone has a better way to put it, then 'I'm all ears' as the saying goes.

-----

To be honest, I am giving very serious thought to the lifetime subscription. The biggest reasons is the hassle I had with making sure I had enough funds for a new game card, and the issues of late that I've had with trying to get another game card, and finally having to be on the phone with 3 different people, feeling like a broken record, trying to get it figured out. At least, with a lifetime, I hopefully won't have that hassle again.

I am a die-hard Star Trek nerd, through and through. Star Trek Online is really the first MMO I can say I've REALLY gotten in to, and couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see what other cool things are in store for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 206
01-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm just kinda torqued because I bought my lifer a week before this sale. Grrr! Oh well, I'm still happy I did it, and look forward to seeing more lifers soon!!
Lt. Commander
# 207
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I would be lifer but unfortunantly I fat wife to feed and I can barely pay the monthly fee. I love this game and am sure its going to be around for awhile but I'll have to wait until the fat one stops consuming $230 worth of food at one time.

Of course the only reason I want to be a lifer is to have the cool blue name, then come on the forums and sound all imporatant and stuff. Oh and the Captains Table, I hear they have Orion "entertainment" and free cake.
Lt. Commander
# 208
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshanee
Great Deal! but $239.99 for US Currency? But what about Canadian Currency?
Canadians would be paying $308.99 for Canadian currency of course.

Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorDeus40k
I would be lifer but unfortunantly I fat wife to feed
Kinda harsh towards your wife don't you think?:p
Lt. Commander
# 209
01-22-2011, 04:23 AM
im saving for it i hope to have enough by fed 4th
Lt. Commander
# 210
01-22-2011, 06:36 AM
I've been a life timer since it was first offered and it was a great deal. Now it's an even better deal with all the new stuff that has been added with so much more to come.

Ignore the haters, they're just channelling their self loathing onto what they think are easy targets. Pitiful creatures; the lot.
Closed Thread