Lt. Commander
# 211
01-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Lifer since open beta and I'm glad I got it.

Never have to worry about how much I have been online during the month so that the monthly sub doesn't go to waste and it great to know that my account will always be active and ready play when ever I feel like playing (with the exception of the needed maintenances).
Lt. Commander
I'd love to be able to transfer one of the toons off my account to a new lifetime account and let my wife take over that toon. Any chance this will be added even if it costs real money in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 213
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Ive been a monthly member since launch, didnt get it in time for the beta, but 15 bucks a month adds up. just couldnt afford the lifetime all at once. I would like to do it know, im just worried that Ill pay for this lifetime sub and then next month, or even sometime in the next year it will go free to play. that would upset me more then ever, to put it lightly.
Lt. Commander
# 214
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGamerX View Post
Ive been a monthly member since launch, didnt get it in time for the beta, but 15 bucks a month adds up. just couldnt afford the lifetime all at once. I would like to do it know, im just worried that Ill pay for this lifetime sub and then next month, or even sometime in the next year it will go free to play. that would upset me more then ever, to put it lightly.
Ah, but as a lifer in STO if] it goes F2P, you not only get access to all the stuff a subscriber would get, but an additional stipend of Cryptic Points. Check this post out: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
Lt. Commander
# 215
01-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All

So you are offering 20% discount Lifetime Sub for StarTrekOnline and Champions Online. That is great for StarTrekOnline, but as for Champion Online I failed to see the marketing departments logic. Why would I want to spend $239 for a game that is FreeForAll.
Lt. Commander
# 216
01-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkarall
So you are offering 20% discount Lifetime Sub for StarTrekOnline and Champions Online. That is great for StarTrekOnline, but as for Champion Online I failed to see the marketing departments logic. Why would I want to spend $239 for a game that is FreeForAll.
When a game goes Free to Play it limits the features that non-subscribers get. Subscribers receive unfettered access to content and features and often free MT points each month. With an LTS you don't have to pay for the game anymore, and you get free MT points too. If LOTRO still offered an LTS I might buy it, because I enjoy the game and the idea of having 500 Turbine pts accumulate even during months I don't play is nice.
Lt. Commander
# 217
01-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Any chance you all would be willing to extend the sale thru say, oh, end of March so I can buy one with my income tax return
Would Def. buy a lifer at that price, but for whatever penny pinching reason, I cant see myself paying just under $300 for it.
Lt. Commander
# 218
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSam View Post
I'd love to be able to transfer one of the toons off my account to a new lifetime account and let my wife take over that toon. Any chance this will be added even if it costs real money in the future?
Highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

People have asked for the ability to transfer characters between their accounts on Cryptic's first MMO, City of Heroes, for over 5 years now and it still hasn't happened.
Lt. Commander
# 219
01-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

People have asked for the ability to transfer characters between their accounts on Cryptic's first MMO, City of Heroes, for over 5 years now and it still hasn't happened.
Only that's NCSoft that is in charge of that now and none of their games has character transfers between accounts. NCSoft Korea has it for some of their games, but NCSoft NA hasn't adopted it.
Lt. Commander
# 220 Nope
01-24-2011, 08:45 AM
To many bugs, not enough functional attributes between ships and station. no additional pvp maps after a year. game mechanics are still broken or not correct in star trek canon. STO is a disgrace in many respects to the star trek fanchise. Much like legacy was a disgrace. I know many of you disagree with me yet you have no proof to not say it is disgraceful. logically the game has failed and the company has become become self loathing in trying to say they are the best.

why would I give you 239.00 if you havent given me anything but bugs and low content and more junk in the c store then content in sto. Plus alot of your producers are saying champions is the fore shadow os STO to come. ive maxed in the game for two characters. whats the point now. cant really build anything. cant train anything. no education worth while in the game. im happy that when the servers close i would have not wasted 239.00

notice how they are the only mmo that erases your account when you decided i want to take a break from the pew pew pew. oh well yeah to much con and not enough pro's for the game to be worth 239.00 maybe if it was 100 bucks ill consider it.
Closed Thread