# 71
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Done... next...
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
The first way would be to simply activate a retail key to your account when they activate the lifetime sub to your account. If that's the case, then you won't be able to give the key to a friend, but it will go onto your account. (You can have multiple retail keys on one account. I have 3 myself, and I've seen others that have more than that.)
This is the correct answer.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is the correct answer.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thanks for the response, Stormy!

I figured as much, and it does make sense to me. Otherwise, you would have people who would activate a retail key that hadn't really bought the game or lifetime sub.

(Although, A88mph, if your friend needs a retail key, I've seen where places have it for pretty darn cheap nowadays. I think someone said some Target's had it for $4.99, and Amazon.com has had it for pretty cheap for a bit now.)
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonass
But make it a combat pet and donít make it for rear admirals just so that you can sell it later down the road!!!
Make it an ward for the account not character
Give something that is actually special to the few that have been here for the full year and longer like the beta testers...
Buying early doesn't make you special, you were just a customer before other customers. Most of us were here during Beta too and turned in bug reports and had the same opportunities and went a different way.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A88mph View Post
Another question: I just read that I get a free digital copy of the game with the lifetime purchase.

Since I already have the colectors Edition, do I still get that?

And If so, can I give it to a friend if i want to?
Nope. I purchased my copy with Steam and subscribed for a few months. When I changed my subscription from Monthly to Lifetime, it was bound to my current account. All the perks became active in game also for my account. To be honest it didnt bother me becuase I dont need 2 copies and its only $19.95.

I would preffer they change the model to that of EVE. Download the client for free, play 14 days with a free trail and then go to $19.95 per month. You should not have to pay for the game if you subscribe . But hey as if this is ever going to change :p.
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
that's a very good point you know what just offer something very special for the anniversary and hopefully all will be happy

In responce to Sekrit_Agent
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I also think some of you "early adopters" really need to get over yourselves. Basing your sense of prestige (in a video game, no less) based on when you started playing makes no sense because nobody but you knows or cares. It's the equivalent of protesting a clearance sale on Camaros because you knocked yourself out to rush out and buy a Camaro when the dealership advertised rock-bottom pricing a year ago. Nobody on the street knows or cares when you bought your car and you'd never dream of doing that in real life and expect to be taken seriously. You have it, you paid a good price, enjoy it and move on.

--snip--

I can get that you have an emotional attachment to your characters and ships or even to the game but you certainly cannot say you didn't get a nice period of exclusivity. Also at least you're almost done getting your lifetime's worth, unlike me who's just starting the clock and has already paid for a full year up to now. I'm effectively paying twice for the exact same game!
QFT!

. . . min chars . . .
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
To be honest, I think the Del Taco shuttle is probably the most overrated item in the game, heh. The Season 3 Tribble Test Weekend reward is way cooler.

I had never heard of Del Taco before they offered that shuttle, and I don't live near one (I think the closest one to me is in Florida, 2 states and about 8-10 hours drive away, lol). Luckily, a friend got me a code for it (Thanks, HittingSmoke! ^_^ ), so I do have one, but never really use it. I'd like to see everyone to be able to have it, though, because I know a lot of people want it, and I think it should be available to all, really.

Besides, we're all supposed to be getting 'free' shuttles next week (along with the Delta Flyer in the C-Store), so hopefully those will be way better than the Del Taco one. (In fact, I'm sure they will be, because they'll be player controllable, and not just a non-combat pet like the Del Taco (and Season 3 Tribble Test Weekend reward) one.)
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I don't mean to be rude, so please understand the following is me simply stating the truth.

I don't think you'll ever see the LTS for STO drop below this price ($239.99 USD).

There's a part of me that would love to eat those words. There's another part of that believes quite strongly that those who pre-ordered the Lifetime Subscription before many even had a chance to play the game in beta deserve to never see that price lower than they paid.

There's another part of me that thinks $299.99 for a lifetime subscription to an MMO, which could provide decades worth of entertainment is an absolutely amazing deal. (And yes, there are some predecessors to the now common "MMO" which are quite good, and have been around for decades. Some of you might remember Gemstone from the old 1200 baud modem days. Heck, I almost wish I could of bought a LTS for EQ!)

I understand that even at this reduced price, a Lifetime Subscription is prohibitively expensive for some. I also firmly believe that this is an absolutely incredible value for your entertainment dollars. In the end, it's up to you whether or not this purchase is worth the price.

Thanks,

Stormshade
this...FTW.

i dont see why all the heartbreak over such things. i mean come on....companies have sales all the time. discounts, owner appreciations, and the like.

cryptic is no different than any other company making an effort to sell the product they produce.

i mean, lets be real here. if only the 458 Italia Ferrari was 24k id buy it too...but alas, it was not the same price as my current vehicle. and to top that off, my brand and model was on sale for thousands less a couple months after i purchased mine. its life...it happens. it is business, it will happen.

so please, stop griping about "well, what do we get," or "if only..."

buy it or dont. simple enough.

i for one welcome new lifers, and i hope they get all the beneies that cryptic sees fit to offer them with it.

i got my life sub prior to launch. do i feel like i am owed anything more? nope. i got what was offered at time of purchase. i wear my lifer comm badge with pride on many of my toons.

so lets welcome any and all new lifers who take the offer. not bicker about pre or post launch, this is after all - Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
this...FTW.

i dont see why all the heartbreak over such things. i mean come on....companies have sales all the time. discounts, owner appreciations, and the like.

cryptic is no different than any other company making an effort to sell the product they produce.

i mean, lets be real here. if only the 458 Italia Ferrari was 24k id buy it too...but alas, it was not the same price as my current vehicle. and to top that off, my brand and model was on sale for thousands less a couple months after i purchased mine. its life...it happens. it is business, it will happen.

so please, stop griping about "well, what do we get," or "if only..."

buy it or dont. simple enough.

i for one welcome new lifers, and i hope they get all the beneies that cryptic sees fit to offer them with it.

i got my life sub prior to launch. do i feel like i am owed anything more? nope. i got what was offered at time of purchase. i wear my lifer comm badge with pride on many of my toons.

so lets welcome any and all new lifers who take the offer. not bicker about pre or post launch, this is after all - Star Trek.
I agree. And this is nothing compared to the response at Champs lol
Closed Thread