Lt. Commander
# 81
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Thank you, this came at a great time because I was gearing up to buy myself a lifetime subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I agree. And this is nothing compared to the response at Champs lol
Awwwwww they get to use images in thier footer ??? Boooooo
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I have one for STO, but want one for CO. This is a pretty sweet deal, Iknow a few people already who are getting lifetimes with this deal, because like some others they think the game will continue to get better as it goes on and on. =)
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is the correct answer.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Good to see you back storm, how you feeling? Better I hope. Seems alot of people are getting sick these days, my wife was sick for sometime but now shes out of the woods.
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I so want to, but the finances aren't there right now. A pity too as by the next anniversary I'll have spent a lifetime subscription's worth of monthly fees.

For those of you who are on the fence, let me put it into perspective for you. At $240, that is equivalent to 16 months of monthly rates, or one year and four months. After that, you've recouped your money and everything after is pure profit. So if you think the game will be around in June of next year and still worth playing, then it would be worth it in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
wow... can't even believe this.. people wanting to buy life subs for some eye candy perks..
After everything cryptic and atari did to the pre launch life sub members.
If you guys want to pay them for life sub with the new games coming out this spring and getting no discount in the c- store for items old and future content.. go right ahead buyers beware...lol
look at what your getting And see if a life sub is a good deal.
Lets look at these things.. a retail copy of STO is what $20.00 now.. Compare other mmo titles that have been out same amount of time..
champions is free to play game now, used STO beta access if you bought champions life sub.. That some people never got.
Still fixing bugs that should have been fixed before release. (mission content, ground resources locked in texture mesh, list goes on and on...)
Still no third faction..
Still no personal ship interior content or interaction other than eye candy
still no real substance social grouping activities at bars, clubs ect..
ground combat system needs reworked.
space combat still needs alot of work.
server lag issues..
server disconnect issues.
I could go on and on.. but you get the idea.

So do you think a life sub now is the best use of your money when 4 months to 1 year STO might be a free to play or worse...
Just food for thought....

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolarter View Post
So do you think a life sub now is the best use of your money when 4 months to 1 year STO might be a free to play or worse...
Just food for thought....
Whether or not STO goes F2P has nothing to do with a LT sub, as it will still be just as useful in Champs F2P system as it is now:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
Lt. Commander
# 88
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Whether or not STO goes F2P has nothing to do with a LT sub, as it will still be just as useful in Champs F2P system as it is now:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
All I'm saying is it the best bang for your buck.. yea its a sale and yea if.. and thats a big if the game gets better, if it still gets updates and fixes, if its active in 14 months so you can break even in costs of per months vs life sub's
if it does great you got a deal if not you lose.
All I'm saying is think about it before you do buy or not.. just don't jump on the hype wagon...
Lt. Commander
# 89
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Don't project your internal conflict on this onto us. IMO the Infinite Space trailer wasn't that impressive (remains to be seen). We've had plenty of pew pew games like that for decades now. Reminded me of Dominion Wars which, while crazy buggy, could get into some pretty hairy action!
Lt. Commander
# 90
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Don't project your internal conflict on this onto us. IMO the Infinite Space trailer wasn't that impressive (remains to be seen). We've had plenty of pew pew games like that for decades now. Reminded me of Dominion Wars which, while crazy buggy, could get into some pretty hairy action!
Only thing I'm projecting is look before you leap.... Do I really care how people spend their money...nope
I just remember back. when life sub;s closed beta garbage, then the life sub's funds returns 2 weeks after game launch...garbage on the forums ..
So if I'm the lone voice in the darkness saying .... hey step back from the hype of the sale and look at this game as it is right now and with whats coming down the road in games in the hear future is that what you really want to do.....
If the answer is yes great ... if the answer is no great... Just don't jump off the cliff just because everyone else is doing it......
Closed Thread