Lt. Commander
# 1 Is this the shoe department?
01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Can the female KDF character models get some kind of footwear that does not make them look like an 80's snow bunny or they are from an Olivia Newton John workout video please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm curious as to how tall leather boots with spikes on them makes someone look like an "80's snow bunny."
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2011, 03:39 AM
It is crazy for the author to think that people in the 80's would wear leather snow boots with spikes on them that looked like KDF boots. I am not sure what is going on in his or her mind. I was not alive in the 80's, so I don't know what the author is conveying with the boot and workout video statement. Hmm, maybe the author was referring to the 80's style of wearing over sized boots and leg warmers, and how it is similar to the disproportionate size of the KDF female boots. I was curious why author did not mention KDF male boots. So I did some research and found that there is a pair of KDF male boots that would look proportionate on an average sized human body. I decided to check the federation clothing options and found similar results of normal sized boots. I guess the author expected to find the same type of options for the KDF female character models. I know one thing for sure, the author did not expect to find either the graphic artist who created the boots, or the person with the worst sense of humor in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Well, it does carry an 80's theme.........funky boots that can maim knee high children and then theres the dreaded shoulder pads.....not to mention the Klingon female over the shoulder boulder holder made out of metallic evil, hardend by a cold cold womans heart......

yea....I think ancient blond jokes is where the shoulder pads came from........but at least you can make those go away...the leg warmer snake boots? not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
funky boots that can maim knee high children
That's what they were made for.

That said, what kind of boots would you expect? I hope you're not just suggesting a lame copy of Starfleet fashion?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2011, 06:32 AM
It certainly does help with the discipline of the children, as well as weeding out the weaklings before they get to the academy.
Hell, sometimes I put my spiky boots on and run thru the daycare for fun. Last time the little *******s almost drug me down and shaved my head.
I was so proud.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
The female boots are too thick, I think that is what the OP is getting at. They really don't look good on female characters. I think the snow bunny comment comes from how they look a little like ski boots, which are a thick, hard plastic that adds a lot of girth to the boots.

I would like to see them thinned down, even put a solid heel on them so they actually look more feminine. But by all means, keep the spikes. Of course, spikeless boots from the Fed side would not be terrible either, and probably easy to migrate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Knee high leather boots are canon for TOS era at least...

Also from this blog here...
This is one of Lursa's costumes, the boots are clearly more "traditional"
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
*stares at breastplate and long skirt* If only.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I do see the point, in the game they are so wide they look more like power armor pieces than boots. Besides the Orions need stilletos, im talking 6" or more.